IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown @ Berlin Thursday
8/11/10, 5:22 PM   #1
Silver Crown @ Berlin Thursday
S_Meekhof

Any ideas what the car count will be? Who will be there?

Something like this but with probably 22 cars?

1. Bud Kaeding
2. A.J. Fike
3. Bobby East
4. Brad Sweet
5. Shane Hmiel
6. Zack Daum
7. Brian Tyler
8. Levi Jones
9. Brian Clauson
10. Jacob Wilson
11. Dave Darland
12. Shane Hollingsworth
13. Jerry Coons Jr.
14. Kody Swanson
15. Tracy Hines
16. Bobby Santos III
17. Coleman Gullick
18. Tanner Swanson
19. Derek Hagar
20. Russ Gamester
21. Justin Carver
22. Ryan Newman?
23. Troy DeCaire?
24. Eric Gordon?
25. Mike Lichty?
26. Mike Larrison?

8/11/10, 5:37 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown @ Berlin Thursday
lilrim

Sweet racing nationals, darland no pavement ride, Decarie will be there

8/11/10, 5:41 PM   #3
richie

I've read that Zach Martini will be there in the Sachs/Yermal #125.

8/11/10, 7:46 PM   #4
IndyBound

Weather looks great for Marne, Michigan on Thursday. Let's hope they have a great race with a good car count and great fan support. I have always found the Berlin race fans to be some of the most passionate open wheel race fans out there. Also hope Dean provides us less fortunate souls unable to be there with live feed.

Patti

8/11/10, 8:15 PM   #5
nonwing

I talked to Shane Hollingsworth's Dad and Grandpa on Saturday night and they said that the Nolen pavement car has some new modifications so he can get around those flat pavement tracks such as Berlin and ORP much better.

I ran there in a midget back in the days of WWAR and it was a fun track. Back then there wasn't a wall on the back stretch so those big evergreens looked kind of mean out there. I also recall a drainage ditch between 3 & 4. Do all of these track features still exist?

Good luck to Shane and the Nolen Crew tomorrow night.

8/11/10, 9:36 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing View Post
I talked to Shane Hollingsworth's Dad and Grandpa on Saturday night and they said that the Nolen pavement car has some new modifications so he can get around those flat pavement tracks such as Berlin and ORP much better.

I ran there in a midget back in the days of WWAR and it was a fun track. Back then there wasn't a wall on the back stretch so those big evergreens looked kind of mean out there. I also recall a drainage ditch between 3 & 4. Do all of these track features still exist?

Good luck to Shane and the Nolen Crew tomorrow night.
George,

I was there a couple of years back when the ISMA supers ran there. The backstretch at that time didn't have a wall but I don't recall the drainage ditch that you speak of. The show was cut short that night by a severe thunderstorm that moved into the area and the police made everyone leave. Good thing too, as the rain came down in buckets and the lightning show was extremely impressive.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/11/10, 10:30 PM   #7
Honest-Sam

Newman, no.
Gordon, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
8/11/10, 11:13 PM   #8
nonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
George,

I was there a couple of years back when the ISMA supers ran there. The backstretch at that time didn't have a wall but I don't recall the drainage ditch that you speak of. The show was cut short that night by a severe thunderstorm that moved into the area and the police made everyone leave. Good thing too, as the rain came down in buckets and the lightning show was extremely impressive.
Mike,

It seemed like you had to kind of diamond off the corner between 3 and 4. They may have done something better for drainage. Didn't Johnny Benson get hurt there last summer in a super? I bet watching the super modifieds there is a great show.

8/11/10, 11:42 PM   #9
IndyBound

Quote:
Mike,

It seemed like you had to kind of diamond off the corner between 3 and 4. They may have done something better for drainage. Didn't Johnny Benson get hurt there last summer in a super? I bet watching the super modifieds there is a great show.
George, you are right Johnny Benson's crash was on the second lap of last years race when he climbed a wheel of Larry Lenhert's car. He crahed hard into the wall and a fire erupted, seems to me it might have been his first time out in his new Extreme Chassis, if not he had very few races on the car. Luckily he recovered from his injuries and has returned to racing.

Patti

8/11/10, 11:46 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Mike,

George,

Kind of ironic that you mention last years race and Johnny Benson. We were at Toledo the night before for the ISMA show and we planned on going to Berlin the next night as well. The weather was iffy at best so we decided instead to go to Lawrenceburg for the midget week show.

Johnny was injured in a nasty accident at Berlin and the carnage was kind of high when we talked with folks who had gone to the show. Glad we missed seeing it as I enjoy good close racing but not demo derbys.

The year that I was there for the ISMA show it was indeed a good race. I hated it that they had to call it half way through due to weather. I have also watched the pavement late models of the old ASA series run there in the past and it was always a good show. I hope that the USAC Silver Crown show will also be great.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown @ Berlin Thursday