IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder on Discovery Channel
6/21/10, 7:24 PM   #11
Re: Heartland Thunder on Discovery Channel
mtek56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38DD View Post
What time does it start?
The guide says 10:00 pm on Discovery channel 278 on Directv.

6/21/10, 7:53 PM   #12
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekracing View Post
i will check it out...i would love to put together a sprint car documentary or reality show in the indiana area. I have a contact with 40 plus years of executive production experience in hollywood and is a huge race fan. Any ideas as to what true die hard sprint car fans would want to see?
dick wallen has over 50 years of sprints dirt cars champ cars midgetson tape

6/21/10, 9:04 PM   #13
Austin75

I have the DVR set. Hopefully its pretty good

6/21/10, 10:14 PM   #14
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKracing View Post
I will check it out...I would love to put together a sprint car documentary or reality show in the Indiana area. I have a contact with 40 plus years of executive production experience in hollywood and is a huge race fan. Any ideas as to what true die hard sprint car fans would want to see?
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. This is exactly what is needed for USAC. A weekly 30 minute compilation of racing highlights of all 3 major divisions, lots of human interest angles and scheduling highlights. A good example is early days of NFL films (This Week in the NFL) by the Sabols which generated tremendous new fan interest in the NFL when it was lagging behind baseball in both viewership, attendance and prestige. USAC must set itself apart from the self-appointed major league of dirt track racing, i.e. WoO-obviously no wings, get rid of the extra sheet metal so you can see the driver, easily understood, standarized program format.

2 members like this post: buck2, SUPERDUKE
6/21/10, 11:28 PM   #15
Rpracing1

Watch out, the hilljacks are loose and on TV. I watched the show and I would give it a B+.

6/21/10, 11:28 PM   #16
Hawker

C- for me...

6/22/10, 8:46 AM   #17
Sprint39

I actually enjoyed it. I was impressed they were able to change the motor at the race track. I know I couldnt accomplish that at the track. Actually I wouldnt do that at a the race track. And is it just me or does the one guy look just like "Billie Bob" on Varsity Blues. I'm mean looks just like him minus about 100 pounds. I'd give it a B+ for sure. You have to give one guy props for telling the other driver who crashed him "if he could race as good as he ate cheeseburgers" was a classic.

6/22/10, 9:20 AM   #18
JSBH03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint39 View Post
I actually enjoyed it. I was impressed they were able to change the motor at the race track. I know I couldnt accomplish that at the track. Actually I wouldnt do that at a the race track. And is it just me or does the one guy look just like "Billie Bob" on Varsity Blues. I'm mean looks just like him minus about 100 pounds. I'd give it a B+ for sure. You have to give one guy props for telling the other driver who crashed him "if he could race as good as he ate cheeseburgers" was a classic.
I liked it. I'm not to sure I could put up with that wife/mother though.

Also, last I heard/saw Billy Bob on TV, he was skinny. Lost like 2-250lbs. They guy does look like him though!
Posted via Mobile Device

6/22/10, 9:21 AM   #19
wolfracer69

the show imo needs to be on sprint cars only not alot of classes sprint week would give you all you need travel time off to work on cars and different tracks and hook up with a couple of fans that follow all of the races so you could see what people do to be able to go to all the shows just think TSR, KK, HOFFMAN they all have big sponsers and that would be free time for them and you could cover small teams to and show the difference how things work sounds like a good thing to me

6/22/10, 10:24 AM   #20
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBH03 View Post
I'm not to sure I could put up with that wife/mother though.
Exactly what I was thinking. Less than 10 seconds into her appearance on the show and I couldn't stand her. Shut up or go sit in the stands. I wonder how much of that is for the cameras and how much is her true beauty.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder on Discovery Channel