IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Official statement from the ASCT
6/21/10, 2:57 PM   #1
Official statement from the ASCT
Finish-LineMM

For IMMEDIATE release 6/21/2010 (Brazil, IN)
The American Sprint Car Tour would like to set a few rumors straight. First the rumor that John Gurley has taken the money and run.. This is 100% untrue, Mr Gurley has had a few struggles with promoters this season, and even been taken financially by some. All teams involved know that Mother nature has been hard on everyone, but for the ASCT it has been brutal. The series President Mr. Gurley has had to dig into his pocket every event this far in 2010 to see that racers are paid. This is a fact, and most people already knew it. The next rumor is the ASCT has some returned checks made out to a few midget teams. This indeed is true, but was done out of our control. The ASCT recieved a sponsorship check for $3500 and this check did not clear when we deposited. Once this happened it has caused a "SNOW BALL EFFECT", but we are dealing with it. Most teams checks have cleared, but there are several still outstanding. We are dealing with this daily, and plan to take care of all teams involved. We are doing our best to contact teams once we realized our funds had been reversed late last week. We have been advised by the sponsor that they will make our funds available, we are just waiting for this to happen. As for the rumor that is ASCT is folding, this is 100% false. Just because we don't post daily on I.O.W. does not mean we are going away. We have our own website, and all news can be found there. If you have and questions please contact us, all contact info is avail at the website.
www.americansprintcartour.com

6/21/10, 3:18 PM   #2
Re: Official statement from the ASCT
Race Poor

I say hang in there, tough it out. Make everything good with your racers, and find them all and communicate with them.

I would hope that Mr. Gurley expected to go into his own pocket for this venture for at least a few years, and it shouldn't be a surprise. That is how most businesses are started, but I don't understand why racers and fans would want this to fail.

6/21/10, 3:25 PM   #3
Geoff Kaiser

When you have the time could you contact either myself or Don Moore about the $200 per car owed to us from the Montpeilier fiasco??? No only did we not recieve the money but we didnt even get a rubber check to look at. My number and Don's are on your official entry forms.
Thanks,

Geoff Kaiser

6/21/10, 3:43 PM   #4
Finish-LineMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
When you have the time could you contact either myself or Don Moore about the $200 per car owed to us from the Montpeilier fiasco??? No only did we not recieve the money but we didnt even get a rubber check to look at. My number and Don's are on your official entry forms.
Thanks,

Geoff Kaiser
Geoff,
You guys were one of the last to leave. Nobody from your team showed up to get paid. You remember how bad the weather was, so I appologize. I will ask John to contact Don or yourself regarding the money owed to the teams.
Big Jim

6/21/10, 3:44 PM   #5
TQ29m

Race Poor, I gotta agree with you, I don't have a dog in this fight, but a lot of others don't either, that are bashing this guy, for trying to do something to get more cars out of the garages, and just like the oil spill, look for someone else to blame, how about the contractor doing the drilling, and building the floater, is everything one man's fault, sheesh, give it a break, give it a chance, things don't turn "green" overnight, as we will soon learn, oil and coal will not be soon replaced, probably not ever, you can't pull your race car to the track, with a danged windmill! I don't want to get political, and won't, but sounds like Mr. Gurley is taking on a big task, but maybe, just maybe, you'll all get paid, and things will seem less smelly, I had a sponsor write me a rubber ck one time, and that can cause big problems too. Bob

6/21/10, 3:57 PM   #6
Geoff Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finish-LineMM View Post
Geoff,
You guys were one of the last to leave. Nobody from your team showed up to get paid. You remember how bad the weather was, so I appologize. I will ask John to contact Don or yourself regarding the money owed to the teams.
Big Jim
Thanks

1 member likes this post: badgerfan
6/21/10, 7:49 PM   #7
Big Willy

I just went to the website to look at their sponsors. I wonder which sponsor issued them a bad $3500 dollar check. If I were listed as a sponsor I would certainly get on here and clear my name so racers wouldn't speculate and take their business elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't do business with someone who would stiff a series like this...

6/21/10, 8:22 PM   #8
v8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finish-LineMM View Post
For IMMEDIATE release 6/21/2010 (Brazil, IN)
The series President Mr. Gurley has had to dig into his pocket every event this far in 2010 to see that racers are paid. [/url]
this is the way it should be.ask any racer in any series that is they are doing so on their dime.im tired of hearing poor Mr Gurley it is his money he is doing it with and that is the way it should be!this being said asct has a great product and i hope they get the bugs worked out

6/21/10, 9:36 PM   #9
Motormasher

Just hang in there. From what Ive heard everyone likes the series.

6/21/10, 10:16 PM   #10
garry47

i race a mini sprint and enjoyed getting to race with the midgets. hope this series stays together

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Official statement from the ASCT