IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Webcasts
6/19/10, 1:18 AM   #1
USAC Webcasts
racefan20

I actually went and asked the guys on the camera tonight. No obviously for Bloomington. "Gametime" decision tomorrow at the burg and yes for Kokomo. OK?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, fish, IndyBound, racegal
6/19/10, 5:20 AM   #2
Re: USAC Webcasts
USAC Fan

For someone who's so intune with the fans, why has Dave Rudisell never allowed live, full webcasts from L-Burg?

Several of us have asked and he;'s refused to answer.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, SUPERDUKE
6/19/10, 7:36 AM   #3
IndyBound

Webcasting from every race track USAC travels to would certainly make those of us unable to travel to Indiana as often as we would like happy.

Patti

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
6/19/10, 10:31 AM   #4
Klepper

Question: What would be an acceptable rate to pay to see that happen? $1.99 a race? $4.99??

6/19/10, 10:56 AM   #5
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper View Post
Question: What would be an acceptable rate to pay to see that happen? $1.99 a race? $4.99??
This would b a good idea that way someone who is to far away to travel to the track could still watch. What would happen if you showed all USAC races live on the web for free? IMO no one locally would go why pay to see it at the track when you can sit at home and watch for free. What would happen to the tracks when no one is in the stands, and promotors feel it is not worth running bigger races cause no one shows up anyway. IMO a fair price would be the cost of a gen. admision ticket, but the track needs to get a part of this money and then we open a whole new can of worms. How about next day tape delayed or something. I dont know the best answer but people staying home because of live vidios, or updates does not help grow the sport.

7 members like this post: berks co, BrentTFunk, cmiracingvids, fishnman, mowerman, Sandy Lowe
6/19/10, 11:19 AM   #6
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I can attest for Brownstown, a live broadcast may keep a fan from coming saying "whatever, ill just sit at home and watch it" costing the promoter some money. Especially today, 98 degree weather with a heat index of over 100?

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/19/10, 11:37 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
For someone who's so intune with the fans, why has Dave Rudisell never allowed live, full webcasts from L-Burg?

Several of us have asked and he;'s refused to answer.
FYI Rudy let them broadcast features at the Usac Opener at the track.

Its a business and if you don't have butts in the seats you don't stay in business very long.

Personally I think the Web-cast highlight both the facilities and racing at a track and can make more people want to visit. The down side, Folks might opt for the web-cast over traveling although I can never see broadcast event being nearly as good as in person.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper View Post
Does the promoter get some?
Also it would depend on how many tune in. How many actually watch the webcast????? Only the shadow knows AKA Millsy. Im sure that varies greatly
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/19/10 at 11:43 AM.

6/19/10, 2:39 PM   #8
Beer Goggles

Solve your technical problems USAC. PPV would then be very viable.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
6/19/10, 3:20 PM   #9
bloard

FWIW, I will be paying $10 tonight to watch Knoxville weekly racing live. I do this on weeks where I know I have nothing else going on. So far 2 times this year. $10 seems a little steep but everything considered it's probably a fair price. I have a few friends racing there and just like to watch when I can.

Through the course of the season, my guess is that I'll spend $100 on this. Knoxville's live timing and scoring is great, and I have listened to live audio for free from there, but I'm still paying $10 to watch when I can. I don't know how many others are doing so or whether it's working out financially for them. It's too far for me to drive so they are generating revenue from someone who they otherwise wouldn't get a dime from.

At the same time, I'll be watching the USAC show if it's broadcast for free, and listening to the TNT race through racinboys.com. I'd hate for everything to go PPV like Knoxville but I honestly think there's some revenue this sport needs going untapped in PPV internet broadcasts. I just hope it ends up in the right pockets when it catches on.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/19/10, 4:29 PM   #10
SprintManDave

I personally would rather see the races live, even if I have to drive an hour and a half to get there,but I am unable to attend this weekend due to illness and on meds that I am not supposed to be in the sun or heat,so I appreciate the webcast very much.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Webcasts