IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg gears Help!!!
5/18/10, 8:53 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg gears Help!!!
HoosierDirt

I KNOW THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION FOR THIS
Can anyone help us with gear setup
we ran sat and the gears we ran was 612 gears our rearend is a 486 with a 410 motor this is our first year and any help we could get would be great with the 612 gears we ran about 7700 rpms the guy we got the motor from said to run it around 7200 to 7400 on the dyno sheets he gave meit said max rpms 7800 this motor was in a wing car so the rpms may be different for our use ..sat was his first time ina sprint car and i didnt exspect him to run full bore his first time so thats why i ran that gear

5/18/10, 9:19 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg gears Help!!!
lilrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDirt View Post
I KNOW THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION FOR THIS
Can anyone help us with gear setup
we ran sat and the gears we ran was 612 gears our rearend is a 486 with a 410 motor this is our first year and any help we could get would be great with the 612 gears we ran about 7700 rpms the guy we got the motor from said to run it around 7200 to 7400 on the dyno sheets he gave meit said max rpms 7800 this motor was in a wing car so the rpms may be different for our use ..sat was his first time ina sprint car and i didnt exspect him to run full bore his first time so thats why i ran that gear
try gear set 17(5.60) for starters that will get you in the ball park

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg gears Help!!!