IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg draw needs a change
4/15/10, 12:20 AM   #71
Re: Lawrenceburg draw needs a change
bherzog513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
This week Lawrenceburg will be utilizing a different system to decide the lineups for the heats. :38:
Is USACs lineup a reverse preference order from BIGWILLY's? Semi's down to tow dollies?

4/15/10, 12:44 AM   #72
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bherzog513 View Post
Is USACs lineup a reverse preference order from BIGWILLY's? Semi's down to tow dollies?
Yeah, if you don't count Fox Brothers and Hoffman's trailers.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: bherzog513
4/15/10, 1:48 AM   #73
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
short track scott, what do you think of this?????
Well Geoff, this is EXACTLY why I tell you (and anyone else that'll listen) that I am an announcer and NOT an official!

It seems to me that in this system the pill drawn equates to a qualifying result (i.e. pill #1 can be considered the fast qualifier and enters the heat race lineup formula as such. If there is an inversion based on the pill draw, it would seem unnecessary but if it is in the rules, ok. The point that a pill is a random selection to initiate a process is key. It is what happens after the draw, the rules as it were, that matter. Ask WoO about tire change/restart rules after last weekend. Talk about a jam! If I were racing open competition events (non-sanctioned), knowing the rules seems like a good thing to do.

Assume nothing.

And I do like the Stanley tape system.
Posted via Mobile Device

4/15/10, 6:42 AM   #74
mroutlaw101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
This week Lawrenceburg will be utilizing a different system to decide the lineups for the heats. :38:
They will use a deck of cards an run 4 heats some heats may have 13 cars.

4/16/10, 12:50 PM   #75
Downey44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Don,

You are right. If you have a program with 5 or more heats and the difference in finishing points is a multiple of the amount of points you earn for improving your position there is a good probability for ties. (Example: 1.5 points for every position improved, 3 point difference for every finish position = lots of ties)

Sandy
I'm thinking all those pencils my dad used to leave at your house when he delivered gas must have been put to good use.

4/17/10, 9:16 AM   #76
Motormasher

Why don't they just QUALIFY? Sick of all the $hit "the draw" causes.

USAC has the best format ever. Could that be because it "FAIR"?

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
4/17/10, 9:27 AM   #77
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Why don't they just QUALIFY? Sick of all the $hit "the draw" causes.

USAC has the best format ever. Could that be because it "FAIR"?
I agree, qualifying IMO is part of the show. You get to put the car with the driver so when the heats and main is run you know who's who. Personally I can't always hear the announcer announcing the cars for the heat so qualifying also helps me in knowing cars/drivers. Plus also something about a single car on the track just going flat out trying to be fastest car of the night.

REH
Last edited by REH24; 4/17/10 at 9:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
4/17/10, 2:12 PM   #78
Motormasher

I remember when people used to take the program (which is obsolete anymore) or just a notebook and keep everyones car & #, name, and times and even keep score all night long. It was kind of fun if your wife or girlfriend would do for you when you raced.

4/17/10, 2:57 PM   #79
MEAT

I think that qualifying would benefit the local racer. Yes I know, it burns up racetrack, rubber, and fuel, but one lap would not be that bad. It would give a lot of the local racers confidence in qualifying when the USAC races come up. So many of the younger local guys did not get to race when qualifying was an every week affair on the local scene. This would give them experience so that they may be more likely to support larger shows at their local tracks. I think this has altered the car counts on USAC shows at local tracks.
Last edited by MEAT; 4/17/10 at 2:58 PM.

4/17/10, 4:26 PM   #80
aceace

Maybe they should decide the lineups by testicular size. The largest start near the back to create more exciting races. The guy that passes the most cars in a heat gets a $100. If you successfully throw your car between 2 others in a big slide job and grab 2 positions on the same lap it's a $50 bonus.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg draw needs a change