IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora speedway & jack hewitt
4/4/10, 10:23 PM   #21
Re: Eldora speedway & jack hewitt
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney View Post
Larry Boos is one on the most versitile people at Eldora Put Hewitt with him and a lot would be accomplished
I agree 100%. I'm tired of hearing of people saying to get rid of Larry Boos, he works 7 days a week and goes above and beyond the call of duty.

4/4/10, 10:33 PM   #22
duel

Larry must have taken 7 days off last week..... i haven't seen what i would call a good track at the Eldora that would hold up all night for at least 10 years.

2 members like this post: Hubie, SUPERDUKE
4/4/10, 10:42 PM   #23
sam

Boos has nothing in the track prep. Track prep is Kemps call.

4/4/10, 11:01 PM   #24
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
boos has nothing in the track prep. Track prep is kemps call.
so what does he do?

4/4/10, 11:13 PM   #25
bigmojo5

Just about everything else.
If you only knew ...

4/4/10, 11:16 PM   #26
petey

I was at the Sprint Week finale at Haubstadt in 07 where Clayton won the race. In the pits afterwards he and Helfrich were talking and there was a big group of us fans just listening. You could say Tommy was holding court haha. I asked him about what he thought about the current state of Eldora and he said that he and Kemp talk to each other over the phone quite a bit. Apparently it's not doing the track any good.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/4/10, 11:33 PM   #27
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
just about everything else.
If you only knew ...
really tell me more!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
just about everything else.
If you only knew ...
picks up trash and cleans the restroom! What else?

4/5/10, 12:21 AM   #28
MAXIMHATER

hey duke you come on here all the time and run off the head 'ive done this ive done that' larry boos takes care of all the of the stuff it takes to run the track not track prep he was there when earl was still there the man works his ass off so let it go you could not hang one day in larrys shoes so like i said let it go

4/5/10, 7:34 AM   #29
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximhater View Post
hey duke you come on here all the time and run off the head 'ive done this ive done that' larry boos takes care of all the of the stuff it takes to run the track not track prep he was there when earl was still there the man works his ass off so let it go you could not hang one day in larrys shoes so like i said let it go
for your info i ran the track one winter at casa grand az by my self! I had i guy doing the track and one guy for clean up! Not to hard! So i have done that! You tell me he works his ass off so tell me how? Eldora ran with earl for many years without your good buddy!

4/5/10, 9:01 AM   #30
BOUNCE

Let's face it...We have all lost hope in several things. One of those items is the famed high banks of Eldora being the best race track in the country. Yes, Tony HAS done wonders with the facilities! He has done that for sure! What we want is the BEST race surface and the BEST races! I don't think this is USAC's fault. It's not Tony's fault UNLESS he keeps the current mgt. team on board. THEN I would have to blame Tony. Stewart wants Eldora to be the best. Now he has to step up and do something at this point. We all know, When Hewitt believes in something - like Eldora, he will take ownership. They don't call him the "favorite son" @ the Big E for nothing! I'm sure for Hewitt - it's like watching someone demolish the ol' homeplace! At least with Hewitt, he could restore HOPE and FAITH in the fans and racers! That's what we all lost Friday night. Faith and Hope! I drove 6 hours for that? Never again.... unless I know it's going to pan out! IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

3 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora speedway & jack hewitt