IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does USAC have a points fund for Focus Drivers
1/9/10, 9:27 PM   #1
Does USAC have a points fund for Focus Drivers
racer18

Last night at the award Banquet it did not seem like any of the focus drivers got checks? My question is.... Does USAC have a year end points fund for the focus drivers. Thinking about getting in the focus series but if there is no year end points fund, I am re-thinking my decision. Thanks for the info.....

1/9/10, 9:33 PM   #2
Re: Does USAC have a points fund for Focus Drivers
Eric C

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer18 View Post
Last night at the award Banquet it did not seem like any of the focus drivers got checks? My question is.... Does USAC have a year end points fund for the focus drivers. Thinking about getting in the focus series but if there is no year end points fund, I am re-thinking my decision. Thanks for the info.....
There was NO year end points fund this year for the Focus Drivers, There has been in the past when the series was promoted by Don Kenyon, even though it was not alot, it was still better then what USAC is paying.

Eric Cottongim

#28 Focus Midget

1/10/10, 10:15 AM   #3
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer18 View Post
last night at the award banquet it did not seem like any of the focus drivers got checks? My question is.... Does usac have a year end points fund for the focus drivers. Thinking about getting in the focus series but if there is no year end points fund, i am re-thinking my decision. Thanks for the info.....
the champion gets a happy meal!

1/10/10, 12:22 PM   #4
Kevin Miller

USAC does have points funds for Ford Focus. This series is regionally based (California, Carolina, Midwest, etc). The banquet provided checks only for the national series and only for those in attendance. Regional series checks are being mailed, due to the number of regional participants and normally not in attendance at the banquet in Indianapolis. If you feel you should receive a points fund payout and do not, please contact the USAC office for a prompt response. Posting on IOW doesn't usually solve this type an issue.[COLOR="Black"]

Sorry to disappoint ya Duke!
Last edited by Kevin Miller; 1/10/10 at 12:24 PM.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
1/10/10, 12:31 PM   #5
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin miller View Post
usac does have points funds for ford focus. This series is regionally based (california, carolina, midwest, etc). The banquet provided checks only for the national series and only for those in attendance. Regional series checks are being mailed, due to the number of regional participants and normally not in attendance at the banquet in indianapolis. If you feel you should receive a points fund payout and do not, please contact the usac office for a prompt response. Posting on iow doesn't usually solve this type an issue.[color="black"]

sorry to disappoint ya duke!
gee no disappointment here! Please tell all what the champions get? Plus the happy meal!

1/10/10, 1:07 PM   #6
Kevin Miller

For the 2009 racing season USAC will pay out nearly $400,000 in cash and awards to our Champions across our 15 Silver Crown, Sprint Car and Midget series.

Our Owner and Driver Champions in 2009 all receive a very nice Champions Silver Cup Trophy along with a custom 2009 National Championship Watch from Oakley (a retail value of $700). USAC has also provided our runner ups with a special edition Gold, Silver and Bronze oversized 2009 1st, 2nd & 3rd USAC Championship Medallions (like ones we give every USAC victory, but custom and larger).

Our annual Night of Champions banquet just held last friday featured over 20 special video presentations along with special awards. Highlights of the evening were Mel Kenyon presenting the Midget Championship to Brad Kuhn and 3 time National Sprint Car Champ Larry Dickson presenting to 3 time National Sprint Car Champion Levi Jones. Photos and details are on USACRACING.com

News out of the banquet featured a new National Drivers Championship announcement for 2010. Look for details to be released in the coming days.
Last edited by Kevin Miller; 1/10/10 at 3:20 PM.

1/10/10, 2:36 PM   #7
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Miller View Post
3 time National Sprint Car Winner Larry Dixon presenting to 3 time National Sprint Car Champion Levi Jones.
You probably meant Larry Dickson? Also maybe 3-time champion, I think he has more than 3 wins.
Larry Dixon the drag racer is cool too though.
David.

1/10/10, 3:50 PM   #8
Eric C

[QUOTE=Kevin Miller;Posting on IOW doesn't usually solve this type an issue.[COLOR="Black"]

I was simply responding to some one elses question, but I will say after talking to the Midwest/Umara/DK- Focus Champion, He was unaware after attending the Banquet and picking up his awards that there was any Prize money coming.

Eric Cottongim

1/10/10, 4:50 PM   #9
Joltin Joe

Quote:
USAC does have points funds for Ford Focus. This series is regionally based (California, Carolina, Midwest, etc). The banquet provided checks only for the national series and only for those in attendance. Regional series checks are being mailed, due to the number of regional participants and normally not in attendance at the banquet in Indianapolis. If you feel you should receive a points fund payout and do not, please contact the USAC office for a prompt response. Posting on IOW doesn't usually solve this type an issue.[COLOR="Black"]

Sorry to disappoint ya Duke!
Kevin,

Being I am the guy Eric C is talking about, i was never informed about a points fund and as far as i know neither were any of the other Focus Champions.

AS for post on IOW doesn't USUALLY solve any type of issue......In this case it does being this is the first i have heard from ANY USAC PERSONEL about a year end points fund. Thank you very much for clarifying this for me and other focus drivers.

My Next Question for you is what about the car owner? there was no awards given to the focus car owners at the banquet. My car owner as been a member of USAC for many many years and this year was his first championship as a owner, in fact we pick up 2 championship this past season and as far as we know he has nothing to show for it.

If you would like to speak with me personally feel free to PM me and i will give you contact info for me. thank you for your time.

Joe Liguori

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote:
For the 2009 racing season USAC will pay out nearly $400,000 in cash and awards to our Champions across our 15 Silver Crown, Sprint Car and Midget series.

Our Owner and Driver Champions in 2009 all receive a very nice Champions Silver Cup Trophy along with a custom 2009 National Championship Watch from Oakley (a retail value of $700). USAC has also provided our runner ups with a special edition Gold, Silver and Bronze oversized 2009 1st, 2nd & 3rd USAC Championship Medallions (like ones we give every USAC victory, but custom and larger).

Our annual Night of Champions banquet just held last friday featured over 20 special video presentations along with special awards. Highlights of the evening were Mel Kenyon presenting the Midget Championship to Brad Kuhn and 3 time National Sprint Car Champ Larry Dickson presenting to 3 time National Sprint Car Champion Levi Jones. Photos and details are on USACRACING.com

News out of the banquet featured a new National Drivers Championship announcement for 2010. Look for details to be released in the coming days.
Based on what was handed out at the banquet, only the National series got trophy and watches for there championships. Regional midget, and focus champions got medallions only for the drivers.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
1/10/10, 5:02 PM   #10
Pine

ASCS Champ......$60,000
WoO Champ........$150,000
USAC Champ.....$600 watch........PRICELESS....

FLAAAAAVA FLAAAAAAV
Last edited by Pine; 1/10/10 at 5:07 PM.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does USAC have a points fund for Focus Drivers