IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameras in Arizona
1/5/10, 1:32 AM   #11
Re: Cameras in Arizona
Jimmydiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Some of you may have had the ticket come in the mail due to a traffic camera placed on the roadways in Arizona. I was listening to the trucking show on wlw 700 overnight and it seems the people of the state are refusing to pay the fines being sent out thus causing the state to lose tons of money, to make a long story short the cameras may be coming down soon.

Sounds like the people may have won a small battle against Big Brother.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
What about the vans over in Illinois? They started them last summer, and they have that stupid split speed limit. Anything more than a regular car is 55.

1/5/10, 8:59 AM   #12
amati

Starting Jan 1 the speed limit for trucks in illinois was moved up to 65

1 member likes this post: wbr
1/5/10, 9:05 AM   #13
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amati View Post
Starting Jan 1 the speed limit for trucks in illinois was moved up to 65
Is the speed limit for cars stil 65, or did they move that up to 70 yet? I don't get to IL much, and last year only as far as Danville.

1/5/10, 11:10 AM   #14
dirtnut

As of Jan. 1, in Illinois the speed limit is 65 for passenger cars, semi
trucks, motor homes and camping trailers on the Interstates. It took
Illinois a little bit longer to come out of the stone age.

1/5/10, 12:05 PM   #15
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnut View Post
As of Jan. 1, in Illinois the speed limit is 65 for passenger cars, semi
trucks, motor homes and camping trailers on the Interstates. It took
Illinois a little bit longer to come out of the stone age.

Um, Illinois is still in the stone age. Rome had better roads than we do. We are too busy giving free laptops to kids in school and pampering Chicago with whatever their needs are.

As to the original intent of the thread: Laws are laws. If it's 65 you drive 65, if it's 55 then you drive 55. To often people think they can skirt the laws and that it's okay. It's not.

1 member likes this post: Lucky161
1/5/10, 12:28 PM   #16
Lucky161

I just got and paid a ticket for running a red light on camera. I was surprised because I don't generally push red lights and in that particular town I watch my speed closely. I did however apparently toss my first notice without looking at it. I pay all my bills online and generally treat all of my mail as junk mail. I happened to notice this one. I called and then went online to see their "proof" and sure enough, I ran the red light, shown in 3 separate stills and in a video. Damn!

I realize that it's popular to complain about these camera tickets, but I can't see the point. I ran the red light and they have it on record. They didn't send me a ticket for the other times when I didn't run a red light, so it seems to me that I was at fault not the camera.

1/5/10, 3:48 PM   #17
IndyBound

Jerry, I haven't seen anything in the news about the cameras since returning to Az. on New Years Day. Az. residents have been fighting these cameras since they were first put in place and yes some of my friends have thrown their tickets away. The section of the west valley that I live in still had makeshift cameras in place on New Years Day, that section of I10 is normally 75mph and has been lowered to 55mph for major road construction, you can usually find four of these make shift or remote cameras in that construction area any time of day. Like Bojo20 I haven't had an issue with the cameras, I drive the speed limit. I have warned the USAC contingent each year before their trips west about the cameras and will do the same this year.

Patti

1/5/10, 5:00 PM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

I feel way safer on the roads with speeders going 10 over the limit than I do being on the roads with people talking on their cell phones.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
1/5/10, 6:07 PM   #19
bojo20

That does not make speeding right or safe.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameras in Arizona