IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > silvercrown vs. gold crown?
11/26/09, 10:53 AM   #11
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
Yes they did just run phoenix but for 2010 they sc cars are out. When the New Gen Silvercrown cars were first built it was because Bill France had a idea and USAC new they were loosing tracks years before they actualy lost them and USAC new something had to change so the new gen cars came to life when Bill died so did the new gen cars. Now the New Gen cars are now called GoldCrown and is a different series owned by Bruce Ashmore.
I dont if GoldCrown Series drivers get to NASCAR or not. For me, there just needs to be an open wheel series on mile and 1 1/2 mile tracks for open wheel drivers and obviously the IRL or CART Reborn is not the answer. The dirt miles will always be my favorite; and for those who don't like the Gold Crown series concept or look of the cars, don't go.

22 open wheel cars, sprint and midget guys, racing a places like Chicago
excites me!
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, sc96
11/26/09, 12:48 PM   #12
Re: silvercrown vs. gold crown?
mac miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
Now my point! ........These names stand out to me Jeff Gordon,Tony Stewart,Ryan Newman,Dave Blaney,Yeley,Leffler,Kahne,Edwards,Schrader,Kurt and Kyle Busch.
These guys got to Nascar from the USAC silvercrown series!!
Actually, some of these guys(I don't recall the busch bros. ever running sc) got to nascar, not from sc, but because they were on real TV every Thurs. night running midgets and sprint cars...... Had usac spent their money getting their drivers back on real TV instead of the new cartoon safety crown jalopies, they would have been 1000% better off. How usac pissed away the Thurs. Night Thunder, I don't know.
If they really wanted to run bumper & fender cars to get their guys to nascar, they should have just resurrected the old USAC stock car series. It was a purty good series and a whole lot better than than the mess they have now.

11/26/09, 1:41 PM   #13
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
It's Rich in the 55 but I think, may be wrong, that it's Leffler in the 43 and maybe Big was running the #1 car that year, can't remember for sure
And maybe Jeff Bloom, Dana Carter and Jerry weeks in the other 3 cars? Not sure of the car in the back, Pancho? Salem?
David.

11/26/09, 2:53 PM   #14
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
And maybe Jeff Bloom, Dana Carter and Jerry weeks in the other 3 cars? Not sure of the car in the back, Pancho? Salem?
David.
Dayton for the track

11/26/09, 9:17 PM   #15
Lucky161

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac miller View Post
Actually, some of these guys(I don't recall the busch bros. ever running sc) got to nascar, not from sc, but because they were on real TV every Thurs. night running midgets and sprint cars...... Had usac spent their money getting their drivers back on real TV instead of the new cartoon safety crown jalopies, they would have been 1000% better off. How usac pissed away the Thurs. Night Thunder, I don't know.
If they really wanted to run bumper & fender cars to get their guys to nascar, they should have just resurrected the old USAC stock car series. It was a purty good series and a whole lot better than than the mess they have now.
You're exactly right. That was back when all racers watched every kind of racing they could on TV, dirt, pavement, sprints, midgets, late models. ESPN built their network on USAC races and TNN built theirs on stock cars. Someone was asleep at the wheel not getting them replaced when they moved on.

11/26/09, 10:19 PM   #16
usac14

Stop glossing over the facts.

Fact #1 The silvercrown series was in trouble before the gold crown came along. 1 mile pavement tracks...hell, tracks outside of Indiana no longer wanted them. How come you douches don't want to accept this.
Fact #2 Goldcrown is not a part of USAC
Fact #3 I'm going out on a limb, but the ones that are so negative to Ashmore are around 60, thought that cell phones were dumb, computers were useless and women shoudn't vote.

3 members like this post: dberrio, FishBurger, sc96
11/26/09, 10:44 PM   #17
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac14 View Post

Fact #1 The silvercrown series was in trouble before the gold crown came along. 1 mile pavement tracks...hell, tracks outside of Indiana no longer wanted them. How come you douches don't want to accept this.
Fact #3 I'm going out on a limb, but the ones that are so negative to Ashmore are around 60, thought that cell phones were dumb, computers were useless and women shoudn't vote.

Fact #1.The series was doing fine UNTILL they announced the new car then it went downhill that last year before the new car came in.

Fact#2 We realize that USAC dumped it because it was a lost cuase, we realize that NASCAR dropped support because it was a lost cause, why don't YOU realize it's a lost cause and let it die?

Fact#3 the fact is you need to remove head from rear, I am 46 and I used to install highspeed satellite internet, also C-band, KU Band and digital systems for over 20 years, Residential and business apps.

Fact #4 I don't think YOU should vote or voice your comments untill you can do so without calling people names that fit the description of what you view in the mirror.......
Last edited by racerdog45; 11/26/09 at 10:46 PM.

1 member likes this post: Lucky161
11/27/09, 1:40 AM   #18
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
Fact #1.The series was doing fine UNTILL they announced the new car then it went downhill that last year before the new car came in.

Fact#2 We realize that USAC dumped it because it was a lost cuase, we realize that NASCAR dropped support because it was a lost cause, why don't YOU realize it's a lost cause and let it die?

Fact#3 the fact is you need to remove head from rear, I am 46 and I used to install highspeed satellite internet, also C-band, KU Band and digital systems for over 20 years, Residential and business apps.

Fact #4 I don't think YOU should vote or voice your comments untill you can do so without calling people names that fit the description of what you view in the mirror.......
I was in the meetings with other owners when the New Gen cars were being talked about and the ONE POINT that kept coming up was a change had to be made if we wanted to keep running because the meat and potatoes tracks of Silvercrown were going away.Meaning the 1 mile paved ovals. So now hear we are no 1 mile paved tracks for 2010 as of today. Lets see where it goes from here.

11/27/09, 11:42 PM   #19
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac14 View Post

1- You calling people 'douches'.....= you being a

2- Then why do these 'new' cars look so damn much like the USAC version of the ******** mobile?

3- I'm 37, people writing letters (AKA 'texting') on a cell phone is dumb, sometimes a computer is useless, and there is a hell of a lot of people that shouldn't vote.

1 member likes this post: Lucky161
11/28/09, 1:51 AM   #20
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

Lets see, I am a 20 year old Computer Technician in the Marine Corps who is a text monster.... I still think these cars are useless and are going to take away from the Silver Crown side, even if they aren't USAC sanctioned... they are an abomonation, and well lets see, i remember a time about 10 years ago, well after the divide that there were 40 to 50 cars showing up to just about eery event on the sched... even into the early part of the decade you had 40 plus showing up everywhere then the New Gen car comes and tears everything up... Yes they lost CalExpo, but had replaced it with Knoxville, Phoenix was still going strong, guys like Donny Schatz takin the wing off and climbin into a SC car on the pavement and stuff.... USAC is gonna have to pony up and fix the Silver Crown cars.... it may take a few years of taking it on the chin but in the end they will come back cars and fans, and it will grow....

1 member likes this post: JohnnyB
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > silvercrown vs. gold crown?