IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson & Jones
10/7/09, 1:26 PM   #1
Clauson & Jones
cmp

Some teams Budgets start in The Last Quarter of The Year prior to The Season to Build Their Cars off Season,They procured Funds for final installment may be in early June some 4 Months ago, Teams looking over Their Shoulder for parts means They Burned stuff up Entertaining The Fans. Their West Coast Swing will Touch on The 2nd and 5th Largest TV markests with Tulare added 35 Million plus and many more factoring in The Pacific Northwest. Its a wise Business decsion for Their Sponsors to be of the Left Coast since it is a National Series.The Exposure at Tulare for The Entire USAC Series will be Tremendous. A Huge Hardcore Traditional; Fan base always wrapped up in The Trophy Cup Teams and such that could never make Perris. Looking forward to Buying a Clauson & Jones Shirt
Bruce Velo

10/7/09, 4:54 PM   #2
Re: Clauson & Jones
dirtduster

You can defend them all you want but you would never see dave darland or jon stanbrough bail out of a race because of a bad draw but i guess that is why they call darland the peoples champion and stanbrough the silent gasser.Oh and by the way i seen stanbrough come from 16th to win a kiss race this year so anything can happen.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, JEFFSTOY
10/7/09, 4:57 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wheres that dead horse pic?

4 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, miwingless, Panama, PJ Wright
10/7/09, 5:06 PM   #4
jeffnanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtduster View Post
You can defend them all you want but you would never see dave darland or jon stanbrough bail out of a race because of a bad draw but i guess that is why they call darland the peoples champion and stanbrough the silent gasser.Oh and by the way i seen stanbrough come from 16th to win a kiss race this year so anything can happen.
i must admit Stanbroughs run from 16th was awesome. Was there that night also. And i know this is a touchy subject as far as this packing up and leaving thing. I know that if i traveled to a race that im gonna start no matter where i draw. im out there for fun and to learn each time im behind the wheel. But thats where it makes the decision, that these teams had to make, different from the decision i would make.

10/7/09, 5:44 PM   #5
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wheres that dead horse pic?
AGREED!
This "horse" is loooooooong dead!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jimmydiesel, JstAbvVMC
10/7/09, 6:00 PM   #6
LESKO98

If they showed up at the gate,it wasn`t a money deal. Shame on them ,they cheated the FANS and the TRACK!

10/7/09, 6:11 PM   #7
racefan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtduster View Post
Seeing as DD and Stanbrough don't own there own cars, I don't see how this is relevant. Stanbrough has ran other cars this year when the 53 was parked for one reason or another (financial? rebuilding cars?) It wasn't the driver's call to pull out of the race track. It was the car owners. Tim had a justifiable reason for not racing that night. When you become a car owner, you can make that decision, but until then I really don't think anyone has a reason to get on here and b****.

LET IT GO!
JMHO

5 members like this post: billwill7, Jerry Shaw, Joey Woods, mtek56, Mud Packer
10/7/09, 6:13 PM   #8
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Some teams Budgets start in The Last Quarter of The Year prior to The Season to Build Their Cars off Season,They procured Funds for final installment may be in early June some 4 Months ago, Teams looking over Their Shoulder for parts means They Burned stuff up Entertaining The Fans. Their West Coast Swing will Touch on The 2nd and 5th Largest TV markests with Tulare added 35 Million plus and many more factoring in The Pacific Northwest. Its a wise Business decsion for Their Sponsors to be of the Left Coast since it is a National Series.The Exposure at Tulare for The Entire USAC Series will be Tremendous. A Huge Hardcore Traditional; Fan base always wrapped up in The Trophy Cup Teams and such that could never make Perris. Looking forward to Buying a Clauson & Jones Shirt
Bruce Velo
Nice post Bruce - you're right Tulare will be a good race with plenty of exposure for the USAC teams. Not sure if I would buy a tee-shirt from those boys though.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

The only wingers that will show would be the Kaedings (they will run with/without the wing anytime) and maybe just a few other GSC or Trophy Cup drivers - it maybe to scary for them to run without the barn door on top though.

10/7/09, 6:49 PM   #9
dirtywhiteboy

I have a perfect picture to post here but neves can get a picture to post. It's just too fitting

10/7/09, 8:21 PM   #10
Jerry Shaw

I was as disappointed as anybody when I heard that Levi and BC decided not to run. Anytime, before the start of a show, it's going to be a let down if you find out two of the headliners won't be appearing, tonight. But, disappointment was as far as it went. It didn't take long before the reality set in, that these were two drivers that didn't owe me a thing. I had gotten my money's worth out of Bryan Clauson and Levi Jones, much earlier in the season. Clauson was almost omnipresent this year. Winning Midget Week. Losing a close Sprint Week classic to Jones. Oskaloosa. Sprint Bandits TNT. USAC Eastern Sprint Swing. POWRI Midget races all across Illinois. USAC Midget win @ IRP. Local sprint shows at almost every Indiana track. And Levi is not only neck and neck with DD, in a battle for his third USAC National Sprint title. He also won one of the best Sprint Weeks ever. And was in the TSR, Walker and Crosno cars for his share of local shows, in addition to running the full USAC schedule. This wouldn't have been such a big deal, if we weren't talking about two drivers that are a "big deal". I saw more races than most people this year and in my eyes, these are two drivers that have at least earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson & Jones