IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing
8/17/09, 8:31 PM   #21
Re: Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Yes, USAC, meaning Miller, needs to make changes to reign in the large teams that support their series. They set the bar, which is then followed by other series, just like the Outlaws. Quit reading into my posts...they're easy to follow. And Rick, you're just not even close...
Posted via Mobile Device
So Kevin is at fault? Thank you for clearing that up. I am not reading anything into your posts that you didn't put in there. I am simply pointing out a blatant contradiction you made. No, Chinese Arithmetic is easy to follow compared to your posts.

3 members like this post: pgray, SUPERDUKE, turn4
8/17/09, 8:35 PM   #22
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
Say what you want, but BCRA is at least trying some ideas with their 2010 rules package to bring down costs.
It may look like that on the outside but in essence they are costing many teams more money in a down economy to let there 80's technology think they will be competetive..........

8/17/09, 8:35 PM   #23
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
So Kevin is at fault? Thank you for clearing that up. I am not reading anything into your posts that you didn't put in there. I am simply pointing out a blatant contradiction you made. No, Chinese Arithmetic is easy to follow compared to your posts.
Again, i said the big teams need to be changed. Not by them, but by rules. No one is to blame because no one has done anything yet. That's what's next. How good a student were you? Tell me your ACT English score maybe! Ha
Posted via Mobile Device

8/17/09, 8:42 PM   #24
ryoung99

Race Count This Year: 10

Quote:
And Rick, you're just not even close...
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you mean me Rick? If so I do not understand your point. Where am I not close?

8/18/09, 12:48 AM   #25
pgray

Quote:
... he ( Kevin Miller ) is also the only person out there actively trying to find a logical solution to bring midget racing back.
I'm sure that Mr. Miller would not want people to think that the future of Midget Racing rests squarely on his shoulders ; that he is " the only one " actively seeking a solution.
If that were true , everyone would know precisely where to place blame when this thing goes down wrong !

Usually , the person who risks taking all the blame is the person whose confidence dictates that he will find a solution and will get all the credit.
If Miller had a solution , it wouldn't take him 21 months to play his hand.

Quote:
USAC controls the trends in Midgets and Sprint Cars.
I'm not sure that Miller would agree here either ... He might prefer to say that some things have just naturally evolved.
If 10 Midgets and 12 Sprints showing up at Salem in a 50th Anniversary event is seen as a current day "trend" and one that USAC controls ... Well , let's just say that this "trend business" is not falling in USAC's favor so I would doubt that they possess "the powers of control" that you elude to.

Quote:
USAC, meaning Miller, needs to make changes to reign in the large teams that support their series.
Wrong.
If this is your suggestion to Miller he's not buying it !
Reference the original thread post by Don Moore that quotes Mr. Kevin Miller as saying _
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Miller
... " So to try and contain the costs in our national level of midget racing is not in our best interests "

Doesn't seem like he'll be doing any " reigning in " as you state.

Quote:
No one is to blame because no one has done anything yet. That's what's next.
In saying that " no one has done anything yet " is to say that Mr. Miller has yet to do anything in his 21 month tenure ?

I'd be willing to bet that Kevin Miller would not come on here and say , " Yes , these statements as stated by Kirk Spridgeon are an accurate reflection of positions taken by me and best describe the current USAC mission ".

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister, SPRINTCAR
8/18/09, 1:29 AM   #26
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post
I'm sure that Mr. Miller would not want people to think that the future of Midget Racing rests squarely on his shoulders ; that he is " the only one " actively seeking a solution.
If that were true , everyone would know precisely where to place blame when this thing goes down wrong !

Usually , the person who risks taking all the blame is the person whose confidence dictates that he will find a solution and will get all the credit.
If Miller had a solution , it wouldn't take him 21 months to play his hand.

I'm not sure that Miller would agree here either ... He might prefer to say that some things have just naturally evolved.
If 10 Midgets and 12 Sprints showing up at Salem in a 50th Anniversary event is seen as a current day "trend" and one that USAC controls ... Well , let's just say that this "trend business" is not falling in USAC's favor so I would doubt that they possess "the powers of control" that you elude to.

Wrong.
If this is your suggestion to Miller he's not buying it !
Reference the original thread post by Don Moore that quotes Mr. Kevin Miller as saying _

Doesn't seem like he'll be doing any " reigning in " as you state.

In saying that " no one has done anything yet " is to say that Mr. Miller has yet to do anything in his 21 month tenure ?

I'd be willing to bet that Kevin Miller would not come on here and say , " Yes , these statements as stated by Kirk Spridgeon are an accurate reflection of positions taken by me and best describe the current USAC mission ".

Rick-
You're not even close on who controls the rule trends in racing.

Paul-
It's not difficult to understand that Miller, and everyone around midget racing, has seen the situation become all too clear in the recent months. Just because he said something quite a while back doesn't mean that is his current position.

The trends that USAC sets are the rules in the midgets. Basically, the overall rules for midgets are most affected by USAC's. Just like the sprint car rules of the world are most affected by the World of Outlaws. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

How many races have you hit this year, Paul?

8/18/09, 2:40 AM   #27
flywheel

probably not as many as you since you SOMEHOW get in free to every race...but yet youre not part of the media..i dont get it

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister
8/18/09, 4:15 AM   #28
bigmojo5

"No one is to blame because no one has done anything yet."

That's the problem. No one has done anything yet.
And, maybe that's where the blame falls.
As someone once told me, deciding not to make a decision is making a decision.

Kirk,
I agree with you that what someone says today might not accurately reflect their positiion in a year or two years just as what Kevin Miller said two years ago might not reflect his opinion today.
Unfortunately, it can haunt a person for a lifetime.
Jim Morrison

1 member likes this post: Ovalmeister
8/18/09, 5:40 AM   #29
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Again, i said the big teams need to be changed. Not by them, but by rules. No one is to blame because no one has done anything yet. That's what's next. How good a student were you? Tell me your ACT English score maybe! Ha
Posted via Mobile Device
Now just what the hell does that have to do with anything?

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister
8/18/09, 9:17 AM   #30
DonMoore10

Quote:
Just because he said something quite a while back doesn't mean that is his current position.
Since you're presence is requested in Miller's office on a regular basis for advice and consultation, would you mind telling us all in detail what his current position is??? Did all of us miss a USAC press release since that PRI interview in September 2008? I talked to Mr. Miller one week after the disasterous Hut Hundred (Oct. 4, 2008) and I and another car owner went away from the conversation with the opinion that it was business as usual.

3 members like this post: buck2, dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing