IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend
8/13/09, 3:19 PM   #21
kinser

Not sure what the punishment is but he would be violating the non compete clause that the Outlaws have in their contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
So if Steve Kinser decides to run at Lawrenceburg on a Saturday night and there is a WoO show on Sunday at Eldora what happens to him - and why? Please answer that question.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/09, 3:32 PM   #22
Re: Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend
ModernDayCowboyFan92

The reason that this post was started was that at the beginning of the year when the schedules came out that Winchester's midget race was going to be during the day on Saturday, that way people could make it to Lawrenceburg that night, and then go back to Winchester for the sprint race on Sunday. I believe even Dave from Lawrenceburg thought that was the way going to happen, because the USAC sprints were going to be at Lawrenceburg Friday night.

8/13/09, 3:41 PM   #23
psullivan

Clayton fan - I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sure Dave knows. Kinser is correct and the non-complete clause is to protect their product and to make it special. So lets say PowerI takes over the sanctioning of Belleville - who here thinks USAC will schedule against them?

8/13/09, 4:26 PM   #24
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
So lets say PowerI takes over the sanctioning of Belleville - who here thinks USAC will schedule against them?
I definitely think USAC would try to schedule against POWRi under the scenario you posed, if they could find an interested promoter/track.

8/13/09, 4:52 PM   #25
psullivan

Yes - and this is sort of my point - from a "fans" perspective that would suck. From a business perspective it makes perfect sense. We see posturing going on right now involving TNT and USAC.

8/13/09, 5:13 PM   #26
FishBurger

Quote:
From a business perspective it makes perfect sense.
Yep! It worked so doggone well ("from a business perspective") for the IRL and CART.

8/13/09, 5:32 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayCowboyFan92 View Post
The reason that this post was started was that at the beginning of the year when the schedules came out that Winchester's midget race was going to be during the day on Saturday, that way people could make it to Lawrenceburg that night, and then go back to Winchester for the sprint race on Sunday. I believe even Dave from Lawrenceburg thought that was the way going to happen, because the USAC sprints were going to be at Lawrenceburg Friday night.

I kinda thought I seen something like that too a few months back. I'll see if I can find it.

8/13/09, 5:38 PM   #28
psullivan

Near as I can tell many people here love USAC events - they may get angry at USAC but it is also love/hate. If USAC doesn't protect its product - you're right Marv - they will be CART.

8/13/09, 7:39 PM   #29
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Frankly I'm confused too. Winchester is a USAC race. Lawrenceburg is a MSCS race. Look at this from a business point of view, McDonalds and Burger King don't do a thing that would give a competitive advantage to the other, and they try desperately to define their product niche and maintain their market share.
Pat,

I understand your post. However, I would only add that in these economic times if either USAC or MSCS thinks that scheduling on top of each other a hundred miles apart is a good business model, they aren't very smart business people. By dividing the crowd they are hurting not only themselves but the speedways, drivers, fans and sponsors. If this practice continues you will see many more "enhancements" to the schedule. Go ahead, tell me I am wrong!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/13/09, 8:28 PM   #30
psullivan

No I'm not going to tell you are wrong - but that is a different issue entirely. Do you think they will sit down and divvy up dates for 2010? I don't. The only way USAC or MSCS loses here is if one of these tracks does not want to sign them for next year - they're not at risk - the promoters are.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend