IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora opens engine rules
8/8/09, 8:27 PM   #101
Re: Scora opens engine rules
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
I don't understand what kind of test you think this is gonna prove?

Open race paying $600 to win.

What are we going to get from these last few races?

Next week is a Saturday race with 4 other tracks running.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????: 15:
Dave,
Are you going to Chandler??

Jason

8/8/09, 9:50 PM   #102
john3g

Quote:
I don't understand what kind of test you think this is gonna prove?

Open race paying $600 to win.

What are we going to get from these last few races?

Next week is a Saturday race with 4 other tracks running.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????: 15:
I wouldn't expect you to..See you don't have any idea what has been going on behind the scenes with the people I have been talking to for a series sponsor for next year but I'm sure you think you do but you don't.So it's easier to bash and complain or just bail out without knowing whats going on...So,yeah I don't imagine you do..

8/8/09, 10:14 PM   #103
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

think u been sniffing to much of them chemicals u spray in them fields...
Posted via Mobile Device

8/8/09, 10:38 PM   #104
Motormasher

No Jason, I'm not going. Not even to watch.

It's gonna cost $20 to get in and your not gonna see any BIG names there.

8/8/09, 10:43 PM   #105
john3g

Quote:
No Jason, I'm not going. Not even to watch.

It's gonna cost $20 to get in and your not gonna see any BIG names there.
You'll be sorely missed I'm sure...

8/8/09, 11:39 PM   #106
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
You'll be sorely missed I'm sure...

I think Joe Chambers is the one who will be "sorely missed" ...

8/9/09, 12:29 AM   #107
racerdog45

It would seem to me that the best thing a promotor has going for him/her is giving his word and keeping it.... once you start backtracking from what you promised or fail to deliver then you start to lose the respect and trust that is needed. And if you go behind people's backs to do it then it just makes it alot worse. Seems to me you've lost most of your diehard racers and supporters so not sure how you've done something positive but it's plain to most who have followed the SCORA story from the start that you've done a total flipflop that would make any politician proud and done it in way that shows you in a very bad light. There's an old saying about karma......
Last edited by racerdog45; 8/9/09 at 12:30 AM. Reason: still cantz spellz so gotts 2 redo wordz

1 member likes this post: sprintsrule
8/9/09, 8:41 AM   #108
lbudde5

My question is Why are both John Gurley and Sam afraid to tell everyone one this site who those drivers and owners are that they deliberated with to change this rule? If they really think that this rule willl better their series, then they should not be afraid to let it out on here for everyone to see.... What are they hiding? The Loyal supporters of SCORA may never know, and probably never will... It seems that they are conglomerating a scam somehow and not allowing the Scora followers in on it..... I know Steve, Al, were not approached about this idea, and they are on the decision making board that Sam had set forward at the beginning. Craig, JT, and from what everyone else can tell us is that Dave was not notified either.... So, who was notified? It was not Joe Chambers either. Everyone will miss you at the track Joe, but we will see you again somewhere.

8/9/09, 11:23 AM   #109
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Tim,

I have been following this thread and have some questions. I have "no dog in this fight" so the decisions won't affect me one way or the other. Starting in the beginning, I thought this was a great idea and it could give some lower budget racers an opportunity to race in a series. In looking at the original schedule, I was kind of amazed that they would try to make this work travel wise. I still feel this concept has merit but here are some questions for you or anyone else who might care to elaborate.

1)Are there enough steel block sprint cars out there today to adequately supply this type of racing?

2)If you had a three year plan, would you attract enough modified drivers, street stock drivers, etc. to jump on board and increase the number of cars available?

3)I commented earlier that if you had a couple of tracks be the cornerstone for the series, would that help with reduced travel...higher car count? I mentioned maybe contacting Joe Spiker and seeing about running Lincoln Park & Danville once each month from April to September. That would be a 12 race schedule and maybe fill in a few more dates elsewhere. Would that work?

4)In your opinion, what does it now take to make this "idea" continue and flourish in the future?

I am not trying to bash anyone and from a spectators point would like some drivers, fans, sponsors, officials, opinions. I realize that "weekend warriors" have regular jobs and sometimes it isn't feasible to make the races every time. If cars get torn up it sometimes takes a little while to get them fixed and back at the track.

Mike, I'll answer as best as I can.

There were enough cars to fill the originally mandated 16 car feature starting field after, probably, the third race, but many of the racers were on such a tight budget that one lost motor or significant car damage incident knocked them out. I think we also lost one (I think it was Alex Pettas) to injury. Short answer - Apparently August 9, 2009 and beyond there are not enough cars.

A three year plan would probably work, with the understanding that the first season would be a "character building" experience. It must be, however, viewed as an investment for both racers and promoters/track operators. This takes both patience and money, which are in short supply these days.

As witnessed last night at LPS and through the year at VCS, Joe Spiker doesn't need another sprint car class. Car counts are OK at the traditional Indiana venues. So, you either sell a new track to the idea, or you come up with something else, which I believe I have.

I'm sorry, Mike, but I'm going to play my cards close to me for right now. I have an idea that I think will work for everyone, but I'm waiting for some folks who I believe in and have respect for to share those ideas to. These folks have a far better chance of getting the ear from a promoter/track operator than I ever would.

Just a short story I relayed to Steve Thomas the other day. When we first started coming to Indiana from Arkansas to race I told folks that I only had two objectives. The first was for folks to get familiar with us and, when they saw us at the track they, at least, acknowledge our existence and, maybe give us a wave.

The second objective was, when they waved, they use more than one finger. There seems to be a smattering of each, right now.

Tim Simmons

8/9/09, 11:35 AM   #110
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Mike, I'll answer as best as I can.

There were enough cars to fill the originally mandated 16 car feature starting field after, probably, the third race, but many of the racers were on such a tight budget that one lost motor or significant car damage incident knocked them out. I think we also lost one (I think it was Alex Pettas) to injury. Short answer - Apparently August 9, 2009 and beyond there are not enough cars.

A three year plan would probably work, with the understanding that the first season would be a "character building" experience. It must be, however, viewed as an investment for both racers and promoters/track operators. This takes both patience and money, which are in short supply these days.

As witnessed last night at LPS and through the year at VCS, Joe Spiker doesn't need another sprint car class. Car counts are OK at the traditional Indiana venues. So, you either sell a new track to the idea, or you come up with something else, which I believe I have.

I'm sorry, Mike, but I'm going to play my cards close to me for right now. I have an idea that I think will work for everyone, but I'm waiting for some folks who I believe in and have respect for to share those ideas to. These folks have a far better chance of getting the ear from a promoter/track operator than I ever would.

Just a short story I relayed to Steve Thomas the other day. When we first started coming to Indiana from Arkansas to race I told folks that I only had two objectives. The first was for folks to get familiar with us and, when they saw us at the track they, at least, acknowledge our existence and, maybe give us a wave.

The second objective was, when they waved, they use more than one finger. There seems to be a smattering of each, right now.

Tim Simmons
Tim,

Thanks for the come back. I only used the Lincoln Park/Vermilion County scenario as an example. I didn't mean that this was the only option available. I understand keeping your idea private at this point in time. I hope for all of the lower budget teams that something can be worked out so they can get the track time and pay back needed to remain in this sport.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora opens engine rules