IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora opens engine rules
8/4/09, 4:21 PM   #1
Scora opens engine rules
#1SPRINTVET

With much thought and deliberation a decision has been made to open the SCORA rules to allow aluminum engines the remainder of the season. This will serve as a test for this upcoming 2010 season and restrictions will be forthcoming for 2010 if we decide to go this route. The SCORA following has gradually shown growth, but at a rate that was not satisfactory to continue. Some of the regular drivers in the SCORA group completely agree with this decision. With our final shows for 2009 in August being basically South and West in Indiana and one in Illinois and one in Kentucky a respectable car count was needed to continue. The change is being made to help everyone concerned and not to harm any of our already organized people. The top ten drivers points will be quaranteed a feature starting spot each night and will still be guaranteed their $200. tow money. Our purse will not immediatley raise, but if this works it will grow for 2010. Chandler Sunday August 9 will be the first open test night for the new SCORA engine rule.
Sam Stockon Sr.

8/4/09, 4:37 PM   #2
Re: Scora opens engine rules
faststeve

sound like a lot of money to keep up with the jones to me

8/4/09, 5:35 PM   #3
Pine

Just a question.....If your now opening the engine rule, is there any difference between SCORA and MSCS....

8/4/09, 5:46 PM   #4
Big Willy

I think the main difference will be SCORA races still pay only 600 to win and from what I read into the post, if you show up you are only racing for 10 postions left for the feature (SCORA top 10 are locked into the main). Not enough lip stick in the world to make this pig look pretty... I especially like the part of the post where it states that "restrictions will be forthcoming for 2010 if we decide to go this route". It should probably say - restrictions will be forthcoming for 2010 if we decide to go this route unless of course we change our minds or don't like the direction things are heading...

8/4/09, 5:59 PM   #5
racerdog45

Myself I like the part that starts out "With much thought and deliberation", umm wasn't that what you did when you decided to BAN aluminum motors? I'm sure there isn't very many people, if any, that would run an aluminum motor for only $600 to win. You need to stay with the rules you orginally set if you're truly serious about a low-cost series. Like the man said about the pig, there ain't enough perfume to make this porker come out smelling good........
Last edited by racerdog45; 8/4/09 at 5:59 PM. Reason: kant spellz

8/4/09, 6:33 PM   #6
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I have a quick question about scora, is there a entry fee for drivers competing in the series? or all they pay for is a pit pass at the track, maybe a annual membership fee?
I am just trying to figure out why a team would want to race for $600 to win?
We have had room at our races for more cars, we pay $225 to start for a $25 pit pass. we have been starting 24 cars lately, and have been having less cars than that. I just don't understand i guess.
Please somebody make me understand this.
Thanks, Dave

8/4/09, 6:46 PM   #7
speidel21

Dave, i dont think its anything that your doing wrong yourself. You run a great smooth show, facility is awesome, response team is the best around,and payout is outstanding. not really sure about how the car counts get at other places. paragon pays only 500 to win and always has lots of cars and its a dump. dont know if its the location or size of track or competition or what not but i dont think you are doing anything wrong yourself.

8/4/09, 6:46 PM   #8
ClaytonYeley

Does this mean that Cone, Cummins, C Stockon, and a few Gentrys will be at Chandler on Sunday? If so I might need to check this race out.

8/4/09, 6:48 PM   #9
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post
Does this mean that Cone, Cummins, C Stockon, and a few Gentrys will be at Chandler on Sunday? If so I might need to check this race out.
Bring $15 according to the Chandler web site for a bleacher seat.

8/4/09, 6:51 PM   #10
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
Myself I like the part that starts out "With much thought and deliberation", umm wasn't that what you did when you decided to BAN aluminum motors? I'm sure there isn't very many people, if any, that would run an aluminum motor for only $600 to win. You need to stay with the rules you orginally set if you're truly serious about a low-cost series. Like the man said about the pig, there ain't enough perfume to make this porker come out smelling good........

These were my EXACT words when I first read this post. I was like...SCORA...wasn't that series SUPPOSED to be for steel block motors only??? I mean Paragon runs aluminum blocks for some $500 to win races, so I suppose some of them guys might go to the SCORA now but...still....even Paragon is having trouble pulling cars in this year! Maybe they should think about like a 360 or 305 motor or something.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scora opens engine rules