IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did all the sprinters go?
8/2/09, 5:08 PM   #21
Re: Where did all the sprinters go?
LEADERS EDGE

It isn't a case of where they went, it's a case of being divided by all of the different tracks.

The first and third highest paying races had very few cars and the one most centrally located in Indiana had the most.(In Indiana) Eldora was supported by two clubs and a host of guys looking to exploit their advantage there.

8/2/09, 5:09 PM   #22
Motormasher

Every driver wants to win a race. Thats why they have a racecar and compete.

Pay BIG MONEY and draw the BIG names & the rest of the guys are going to go thier favorate track to win a race no matter what it pays. They're not going to try and compete with the million dollar teams that show up for the BIG MONEY events.

No matter what 1st place pays only 1 driver is gonna win that money and the rest are running for much less. Spread the money out so everyone is satisfied.

The "Burgs" pay out is really nice, but I think everyone should get $100 to run the B that doesn't transfer.

8/2/09, 9:29 PM   #23
IndyBound

WOW, I am amazed weekly non qualifying racers are still only taking home $50.00. It has been about seventeen years since I owned a race car, $50.00 is what non qualifying racers took home at that time, it was a different class of car, different part of the country but still just $50.00. Do you think that may be where some of the sprint cars have gone? They can't afford to maintain or repair their cars if they aren't qualifying for races.

Dave please do not take this as a bash against Lawerenceburg, actually I applaud you for posting your purse. I am just amazed seventeen years later what we called tow money is still just $50.00. I guess I would have to agree with Motormasher that it should be at least $100. What ever the amount one thing I am certain of it will come nowhere near what the racer spends for expenses for the evening.

Patti

8/2/09, 9:34 PM   #24
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
WOW, I am amazed weekly non qualifying racers are still only taking home $50.00. It has been about seventeen years since I owned a race car, $50.00 is what non qualifying racers took home at that time, it was a different class of car, different part of the country but still just $50.00. Do you think that may be where some of the sprint cars have gone? They can't afford to maintain or repair their cars if they aren't qualifying for races.

Dave please do not take this as a bash against Lawerenceburg, actually I applaud you for posting your purse. I am just amazed seventeen years later what we called tow money is still just $50.00. I guess I would have to agree with Motormasher that it should be at least $100. What ever the amount one thing I am certain of it will come nowhere near what the racer spends for expenses for the evening.

Patti
Patti, This really has'nt been a issue much this year, we have been starting 24 cars in the feature when we have 24 or less cars, so everyones been getting at least $225. I would love to be able to pay more out, but honostly its tough right now to pay out what we are.
Thanks, Dave

8/2/09, 10:10 PM   #25
IndyBound

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Patti

8/3/09, 3:33 PM   #26

Something i would love to see a track do at the end of the season......Instead of garunteeing $5000 or $10,000 to win, start putting money at the back and work forward. The high dollar teams want the money on top because they know they can get it plus they don't want to fund the competition. Just wonder what size of field you would drawl starting out garunteeing $500 to start. sure its been done many times, just wondering how it would work now

8/3/09, 5:57 PM   #27
RICHCRAFT.SPL

I can count at least 10 cars have been junked by the wall around the burg and there are local guys that have parked ther **** because of that !! Just a thought !!

8/3/09, 9:24 PM   #28
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcraft.spl View Post
i can count at least 10 cars have been junked by the wall around the burg and there are local guys that have parked ther **** bec:ause of that !! Just a thought !!
is the wall to close to the track?

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
8/4/09, 1:55 AM   #29
aceace

It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. It would be great if the tracks could find a way to cooperate and run 3 weeks out of a month with each taking a week off to increase car counts elsewhere. Just an option to consider for next year. The die hard fans at some of these tracks may take a road trip to another race.

8/4/09, 4:59 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHCRAFT.SPL View Post
I can count at least 10 cars have been junked by the wall around the burg and there are local guys that have parked ther **** because of that !! Just a thought !!
Wow, had that many in one night at Kokomo sprint week

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did all the sprinters go?