IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac sprint car 2014
1/2/14, 4:20 PM   #11
Re: usac sprint car 2014
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hoffman/Bacon also had a learning curve and new chassis going from Coil over to Four Bar also a few got away. They will be a threat.

KT, Stanbrough, Dutcher is rarely off and I've seen him make a car run good where I thought it impossible to run at all. Strange that I see it as a competition among themselves?

BC, Certain drivers over the years have had the *Eye of the Tiger* and the ability to match. If any one driver I've ever seen compared to Vogler it would be BC. Sprint/Midget/Champ/Lighnting/Indy. I think BC might be a little cleaner driver but he's going to be there, you can count on that. Really wish Stewart would start a Indy team and give him the shot he deserves to have

Stockon, If all tracks were 3/8ths and bigger, i doubt there'd be competiton. needs to work on the short game but I'd never count him out.

Darland/Phillips, I hope several small or one large sponsor will come on board, Trips like the Oval Nationals cost more than they won and they won it and then split the winnings. No doubt they are capable of winning the championship. If it wasn't for a couple hiccups last year like terre Sprint crash trying for lead DNF and eldora which they salvaged a fifth after passing tons of cars in both consi and feature. They'd have won it in 13 no doubt in my mind.

I see several drivers and teams capable of upsets at many tracks but not the championship. Stenslands, Hazen, Wes Mac, Hines, Coons, Weir, Tmez, Boesplug, Leary, Shu, MDC, Short and several others not on the top of my head.

Best of luck to all teams and drivers for the most important thing, A SAFE 2014
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/2/14 at 4:24 PM.

1/2/14, 4:33 PM   #12
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Hoffman/Bacon also had a learning curve and new chassis going from Coil over to Four Bar also a few got away. They will be a threat.

KT, Stanbrough, Dutcher is rarely off and I've seen him make a car run good where I thought it impossible to run at all. Strange that I see it as a competition among themselves?

BC, Certain drivers over the years have had the *Eye of the Tiger* and the ability to match. If any one driver I've ever seen compared to Vogler it would be BC. Sprint/Midget/Champ/Lighnting/Indy. I think BC might be a little cleaner driver but he's going to be there, you can count on that. Really wish Stewart would start a Indy team and give him the shot he deserves to have

Stockon, If all tracks were 3/8ths and bigger, i doubt there'd be competiton. needs to work on the short game but I'd never count him out.

Darland/Phillips, I hope several small or one large sponsor will come on board, Trips like the Oval Nationals cost more than they won and they won it and then split the winnings. No doubt they are capable of winning the championship. If it wasn't for a couple hiccups last year like terre Sprint crash trying for lead DNF and eldora which they salvaged a fifth after passing tons of cars in both consi and feature. They'd have won it in 13 no doubt in my mind.

I see several drivers and teams capable of upsets at many tracks but not the championship. Stenslands, Hazen, Wes Mac, Hines, Coons, Weir, Tmez, Boesplug, Leary, Shu, MDC, Short and several others not on the top of my head.

Best of luck to all teams and drivers for the most important thing, A SAFE 2014
I think Stockon had more success on the bull rings this year than on the big tracks. Won 3 features all on quarter miles.

Dutchers two car team would have to be the early season favorite I think.

But the wild card will be this new tire and how long it takes to figure out.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
1/5/14, 3:50 PM   #13
billyb

Who's he in with this year, has a different ride every year??

1/5/14, 3:56 PM   #14
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Who's he in with this year, has a different ride every year??
Who are you referring to?

1/5/14, 5:24 PM   #15
leary30

Were going to give 100% and more to be in the run for 2014 Usac sprint car championship. That's our goal
#30 Leary Racing Team (LRT)

1/5/14, 5:24 PM   #16
ossuks

I would love to say DD, but it will be RW or TSR. What I would love to see is a true National Champion.... USAC left the pavement behind in a FAILED attempt to add more teams to the National title chase.... and last year they had 7 cars which chased points for an entire season!!! Another stellar move by the bozo from Detriot....

1/5/14, 5:53 PM   #17
quicktime3

Does anyone actually think teams would still be fielding both dirt & pavement cars to pursue the championship? Looks like nine or so contested it all this year...can't think more than 2 or 3 (if that) would have if they still ran both surfaces.

1/5/14, 6:09 PM   #18
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leary30 View Post
Were going to give 100% and more to be in the run for 2014 Usac sprint car championship. That's our goal
#30 Leary Racing Team (LRT)
Glad to hear it Tammi. Hope you have a great year.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mowerman
1/5/14, 6:29 PM   #19
ossuks

7 Sprint car teams and 5 midget teams had 100% attendance last season. When both divisions had a Pavement/Dirt championship what year had less entries?

1/5/14, 7:24 PM   #20
quicktime3

Looks like 2010 had 6 sprint cars: Levi, Clauson, Hines, Gardner, Coons & Hines. In 2013, I see Clauson, Darland, Bacon, Stockon, Thomas, Hines, Ballou, Courtney, Drake.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac sprint car 2014