IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac sprint car 2014
1/1/14, 6:45 PM   #1
usac sprint car 2014
i love dirt track racing

I know its early but who will win the usac sprint car championship in 2014. Happy new year to all. Wow what a great time we had last year. Hope that it only gets better for 2014 season.

1/1/14, 8:28 PM   #2
Re: usac sprint car 2014
brobabe

Darland!!!!!

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racegal, Shawn Harper
1/1/14, 8:59 PM   #3
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Bc.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
1/1/14, 9:01 PM   #4
chastaj

Stockton

1/1/14, 9:23 PM   #5
racefanindy

Stanbrough just picked up an awfully good ride!
Last edited by racefanindy; 1/1/14 at 9:25 PM.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, TNRustler
1/1/14, 10:35 PM   #6
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Stockton will not but stockon might

1/1/14, 11:25 PM   #7
Jerry Shaw

The best thing, in my mind, about this coming season is that it just looks like it's going to be a real dog fight for the title.

Clauson's going to be even tougher this year, than last, because that team gelled as last season progressed. And he's just so damned consistent, that other would be challengers know that a DNF or two and they're out of any title chase he's in. And he's just one of the fiercest competitors we've ever seen.

Dave Darland's one of the all-time greats and 2013 may have been his best driving year, ever. He paired up with an underfunded team and almost pulled off the upset. Money night at the Kokomo Smackdown was the most impressive performance I saw last year. And one of the most dominant runs I've seen in quite a few years. You just know that DD and Steve Phillips are going to show up this year on a mission.

Jon Stanbrough's going to be voted into the Sprint Car Hall of Fame soon after be becomes eligible. Indiana's the toughest non winged sprint car scene, by far. And for a decade or more, this great driver has been the biggest fish in this pond. The only thing that's eluded him has been the USAC National Championship. This year, he's paired with a team that is at least on level with the ones he won his National Driver of the Year awards with, when he was with Fox and Hazen. And also a team that has the resources and is committed to travel and give Jon whatever he needs. He deserves a championship and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets it.

Kevin Thomas Jr won as many features last year as anybody did. He has what it takes to win on any night, but hasn't shown the consistency yet, that it takes to be a champion. But he's one year older and if he's willing to watch, listen and learn, he'll have a teammate that has those qualities, in spades.

Chase Stockon is good enough to be a USAC National Champion. He doesn't have a lot of resources, but seemingly doesn't need to have, because night after night, he's battling it out with the top drivers and big teams. He take goods care of his equipment and does it at high speed.

Brady Bacon is a top notch driver and drives for the team that had won more sprint titles than any other. They're also a threat.

Clauson has to be the preseason favorite, but really expect that Dutcher's two drivers to put themselves into the battle with him and Darland.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1/2/14, 12:06 AM   #8
johnnythunderhead
Banned

there is way too much talent out there to even venture a wild guess at that one

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing
1/2/14, 12:11 AM   #9
lovindirt

No WAY he will have a Sprint Cup Ride. I wish. good luck Dave.

1/2/14, 2:17 PM   #10
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

The first part of 2013 the Darland/ Phillips Team was figuring each other out. Now they know each other from the beginning! Look out!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac sprint car 2014