IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY INFO: USAC Midgets at Illinois State Fairgroun
7/3/17, 9:50 AM   #1
USAC: RACEDAY INFO: USAC Midgets at Illinois State Fairgroun
admin

7/3/17 9:23 AM RACEDAY INFO: USAC Midgets at Illinois State Fairgrounds Multi-Purpose Arena - July 3, 2017

More...

UPCOMING USAC MIDGET NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT

DATE: Monday, July 3, 2017

SERIES: USAC Midget National Championship

TRACK: Illinois State Fairgrounds Multi-Purpose Arena (Springfield, Illinois) – 1/5-mile, dirt oval

EVENT: Adam Lopez “Illinois Midget Nationals” featuring the USAC Midget National Championship & USAC Speed2 IMRA/Midwest Thunder Midgets

STARTING TIMES: Grandstands: 3pm. Cars on track: 5pm. (All times CST)

TICKETS: Adult General Admission: $25. Age 6-12 General Admission: $15. Pit Passes: $35. VIP Package (Includes PIT/Grandstand Admission, VIP Parking, entry to VIP Tent & six beer tickets. (ID must be provided at beer stand.)

TRACK ADDRESS: 2446 N. 5th St., Springfield, IL 62702

TRACK PHONE: (217) 782-6661

TRACK WEBSITE: http://lilspringfieldpromotions.com/

MEDIA COVERAGE: Watch LIVE on http://www.SpeedShiftTV.com/.* Watch the race one day later on-demand at http://www.Loudpedal.TV/. Live updates on https://www.facebook.com/usacracing/ and https://twitter.com/USACNation/, plus available on the Race Monitor app.

7/3/17, 10:10 AM   #2
Re: USAC: RACEDAY INFO: USAC Midgets at Illinois State Fairg
chathamracefan

Is this show regular USAC format with qualifying or the Chili Bowl/DuQuoin format with passing points & no qualifying?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/3/17, 1:09 PM   #3
SpfldMile

I'm really looking forward to this race. It's going to be hard to top Lincoln's race from last night, it was good stuff. I hope Chad Boat is feeling OK today. It's crazy how you don't think they are going that fast on a little track until someone flips out of the ballpark and ends up 100 yards away, scary.

7/3/17, 1:12 PM   #4
chathamracefan

Yes Boat nearly ended up in the auxillary parking lot. There were cars parked behind that fence at end of horse track. They had a massive crowd at Lincoln last night. Definitely biggest crowd I have seen there. Can't say I have been to every big event they have had but I have been to most of their Summernationals as well as a lot of Powri & MOWA shows.

7/3/17, 4:00 PM   #5
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 26
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
I'm really looking forward to this race. It's going to be hard to top Lincoln's race from last night, it was good stuff. I hope Chad Boat is feeling OK today. It's crazy how you don't think they are going that fast on a little track until someone flips out of the ballpark and ends up 100 yards away, scary.
I agree the race at Lincoln last night was good but if you were not at Macon you missed a classic!! That race was incredible, amazing, unbelievable!! Macon was that good!! If anyone can get a DVD it would be worth buying. There was more passing, slide jobs and crossovers than some tracks see in an entire year!

Bruce Eckel

7/3/17, 5:34 PM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

So much for cars on the track at 5pm. They just announced drivers meeting at 530 and cars on track at 6. 🤔

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
7/4/17, 2:15 AM   #7
Steve Wendel

I don't know why they don't say we'll start when we get ready maybe!

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Dirtfan, tirespinner, wildman92
7/4/17, 7:48 AM   #8
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel View Post
I don't know why they don't say we'll start when we get ready maybe!
Exactly. That is my only complaint. If you say you're starting at a certain time, and announce over and over you're starting at a certain time, then start when you say you're going to start.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
7/4/17, 9:12 AM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Couldn't agree more,starting times were announced all weekend,then to start 70 minutes after the announced time,ugghh.
On to ISW.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 7/4/17 at 9:24 AM.

2 members like this post: Steve Wendel, tirespinner
7/4/17, 8:09 PM   #10
KMM

Having raced on the track last night, I'm glad they pushed it back an hour. The track was entirely too wet to get started at 5 and they could have really pushed it back another hour. Running it in when it was that wet made for some rough and choppy straightaways.

Overall, very impressed with the track and show.

It would have been a disaster to try to start at 5...

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY INFO: USAC Midgets at Illinois State Fairgroun