IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
9/29/08, 10:54 AM   #21
Re: lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
Jonr

The Lawrenceburg facility can deffinitely support a WOO sprint car race. The facility is amazing. The real question is can the local car count and the local fans support a WOO race. The Outlaws will come to town with 14-18 cars depending on the time of year and who still has money. Will Lawrenceburg be able to draw 15-20 Non WOO 410 wing cars to complete the field?

Another question is does the average fan in the Lawrenceburg area know enough about the WOO to spend the 30-35 bucks to get into the show? Or would they rather save the money for a USAC show.

While I agree that it would seem to be a no-brainer to bring in the WOO, I also think that the promoters have a lot of risk associated with it.

9/29/08, 11:29 AM   #22
Chuck

The WoO will listen to anyone who has the money. Put up or shut up, if its a good deal. Deal or no deal.
Chuck

9/29/08, 11:33 AM   #23
Rpracing1

Haubstadt puts on one heck of a WOO show. They must make money doing it.

9/29/08, 11:43 AM   #24
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
The Lawrenceburg facility can deffinitely support a WOO sprint car race. The facility is amazing. The real question is can the local car count and the local fans support a WOO race. The Outlaws will come to town with 14-18 cars depending on the time of year and who still has money. Will Lawrenceburg be able to draw 15-20 Non WOO 410 wing cars to complete the field?

Another question is does the average fan in the Lawrenceburg area know enough about the WOO to spend the 30-35 bucks to get into the show? Or would they rather save the money for a USAC show.

While I agree that it would seem to be a no-brainer to bring in the WOO, I also think that the promoters have a lot of risk associated with it.
I THINK OLD BOZO WOULD CHARGE MORE LIKE 40.00 :wink :wink

9/29/08, 12:04 PM   #25
Seadog

I saw my first and last WoO race at Eldora in 1978.

If they want them at the 'burg, that's fine, but don't count me in as far as a paying spectator. I'll pass. :usac:

9/29/08, 1:15 PM   #26
Re: What we have the Late models...
delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
Kim - in my opinion, the reason you get no fans with a drop of rain - is the rain check policy. This is not directly about Lawrenceburg, but most of the dirt tracks around.

you do not offer the fan a complete refund immediately at the track when there is a rainout.

unfortunately, this rain policy keeps people away.

as a fan, I pay to see a certain event, on a certain day, I have no interest in a rain check. So, if I feel a drop of rain in the air, I will not come.

It is simple as that.

I understand, I am not expecting a change in policy. It is a shame that there is not a refund policy statewide.

As per the discussion of the costs associated with Woo Sprints. I understand the cost figures, but, how do they attract about 50 tracks a year to sign up? What factor am I missing? I wonder if certain tracks get "sweetheart" deals. After all, we say the Lawrenceburg is one of the showplaces in dirt racing, but, it cannot afford a showplace event. Something is missing here.

maybe, build 16 luxury suites on the back stretch. rent for $10000 each for the year, or, use them to draw big sponsors - giving them the use of a luxury suite.

I think the more pressing problem, the declining numbers of the weekly sprints.
when a baseball game gets rain out are they giving a cash refund i think not!!!

9/29/08, 2:44 PM   #27
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware View Post
when a baseball game gets rain out are they giving a cash refund i think not!!!
With a baseball game you have got maybe 80 other opportunities to see a game.

With racing, if it is a special event, that is it. You should not be forced to see another event you do not care about, just to use your rain check.

9/29/08, 7:39 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
With a baseball game you have got maybe 80 other opportunities to see a game.

With racing, if it is a special event, that is it. You should not be forced to see another event you do not care about, just to use your rain check.
Its gotta be better than that All Star regional and thats all I got to say about that.

9/30/08, 12:06 AM   #29
Tripcrwn

In California, to go to an Outlaw show it costs $45 to get in the gate. I personally believe that the boys are pricing themselves right out of business. While I admire alot of the older drivers, the road for a young sprint car driver today is through USAC and then maybe NASCRAP. Thats the future for young sprinters - USAC. I will never attend another Outlaw show, not for the cost, not to see the ugly barn doors and not for the no-passing, slot car main events. I will take the traditional sprinters anytime and anywhere. I wish Lawrenceburg the best if they go forward with the WoW.

9/30/08, 12:09 AM   #30
Tripcrwn

ASCS means no qualifying, 360s, wings and a pill draw. That is not for me ever.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg and the outlaws?