IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jon Stanbrough
11/12/16, 1:22 PM   #1
Jon Stanbrough
Scott Daloisio

In addition to being a legendary sprint car driver, Jon Stanbrough is a total class act. Last night at Oval Nationals, we had all of the veterans in the grandstands come down onto the racetrack so they could be recognized before the crowd prior to the national anthem. A guess is there were 50 or 60 of them lined up on the track. Jon was back in the pits with his car and overheard what was going on. He stopped what he was doing and walked onto the front straightaway. He started at one end of the line and proceeded to shake the hand of every veteran and thanked each one for their service. It is a racing moment that I will never forget.

11/12/16, 1:37 PM   #2
winglessmd

I made it a point to shake jon's hand last night and thank him for the class that he showed.

11/12/16, 1:42 PM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
In addition to being a legendary sprint car driver, Jon Stanbrough is a total class act. Last night at Oval Nationals, we had all of the veterans in the grandstands come down onto the racetrack so they could be recognized before the crowd prior to the national anthem. A guess is there were 50 or 60 of them lined up on the track. Jon was back in the pits with his car and overheard what was going on. He stopped what he was doing and walked onto the front straightaway. He started at one end of the line and proceeded to shake the hand of every veteran and thanked each one for their service. It is a racing moment that I will never forget.
Thanks Scott for sharing,a class act for sure,Thanks Jon for showing your appreciation.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 11/12/16 at 1:44 PM.

11/13/16, 3:02 AM   #4
Re: Jon Stanbrough
jim goerge

I watched the races on Speed Shift and they showed him right at the end and then they interviewed Jon about it. Jon Thanks for showing what a class act you are

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jon Stanbrough