IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for Pictures
8/10/16, 7:56 AM   #1
Looking for Pictures
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I know it is IOW, but I'm hoping some of the great photographer on this site or there counterparts can help me. Looking for some pictures of one of the Great WoO driver.. The Ohio Traveler Rick Ferkel.. The pictures that I'm looking for are from the car I helped with at Syracuse in the early 80's.. It was the first sprint car there to ever have an aero package.. The pictures themselves were actually in Open Wheel,, but due to some issues I have lost the magazine that they were in as well as the copies I had made.. I have tried Dick Bergran but he had to turn over most of that material when Open Wheel was bought out.. If anyone has ANY pictures of the car at Syracuse I would be more than happy to purchase them from you, or pay to have them copied.. The one that was in Open Wheel shows the car in a puddle of water that shows off the side skirts and the enclosed cockpit area very well, this was the first car there that like Kenny Weld Batmobile changed things.This is one of my first aero packages to come out of my shop and would like something for the wall or my new website. Thanks
PM me here or contact at klincoln@monroeproducts.com
Last edited by Wizard 05; 8/10/16 at 7:58 AM.

8/10/16, 8:14 AM   #2
schwarzracen27

Do you remember month and year? I have a tote filled with OW mags, from beginning to mid 90s.

8/10/16, 8:21 AM   #3
Re: Looking for Pictures
Wizard 05

It was like 83/84 It was still at the time that I also believe that OW was not put out every month... If I recall it would have been like a December issue, or early in the year.. I still have the skirts and the wheel covers up stairs in the shop,, let me see if in my younger days I was smart and put a date on them.

8/10/16, 9:28 AM   #4
JJMooney

Is this the photo you're looking for?

It was from the February 1982 edition of Open Wheel Magazine (1981 Syracuse SuperNationals). No side skirts or wheel covers but there is a puddle.

It took me a while to find it. My routine for going through my old Open Wheels is to put on a pair of white gloves and turn the pages with tweezers.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Wizard 05
8/10/16, 9:56 AM   #5
Wizard 05

Yes that is one of them.. Thank you very much.. Now I'll have to see if I can find that issue..
Thank you again..

8/10/16, 10:09 AM   #6
JJMooney

I found a color photo online. This one is also from 1981. Skirts on the right side of the car. Click on this link:

http://www.lynchmobracingimages.com/...os/img2ful.gif

8/10/16, 10:21 AM   #7
Wizard 05

That's my baby Thanks.. With any luck they are still around and maybe I can get a copy made.. Thanks again for all the help.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Owen
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for Pictures