IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Charleston (IL) Sprint Cars
6/30/16, 3:44 PM   #1
Charleston (IL) Sprint Cars
TylerShoemaker

This year, Charleston Speedway in IL, started running a steel block sprint car class. In effort to get some more cars, they have opened up the class to aluminium motors.

In careful consideration to the steel block cars that have supported it, there is a 1500 lb weight rule (WITH driver). This concept has proven to be successful with the WAR series. The only other rule is that there are no cockpit adjusters allowed. If you run cockpit adjustable shocks, they have to be unhooked.
There is NO tire rule.

This class wasn't meant to "steal" cars from any tracks or series. It was for giving Illinois drivers a chance to run closer to "home", twice a month.

They will continue to run every other week. Which will allow guys to run with WAR, and other Indiana tracks.

550 to win, 200 to start. Rules are implemented starting July 9th (running every other week).

Tyler Shoemaker

6/30/16, 10:38 PM   #2
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

How much weight do guys w aluminum motors usually bolt on for the WAR series? I have never weighed our car and am just wondering how hard it really is.

6/30/16, 11:22 PM   #3
TylerShoemaker

We are about 1460. I think Mitch just added more fuel. Korey told me they were 1425. Bolts weight on LF chassis by radius rod.

6/30/16, 11:44 PM   #4
Agentry10

I'm just big and fat I don't bolt on weight

7/1/16, 12:59 AM   #5
treecitytornado

Are they going to designate where the weight has to be bolted on at?

7/1/16, 4:28 AM   #6
Re: Charleston (IL) Sprint Cars
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentry10 View Post
I nominate this for post of the day. Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh!

7/1/16, 9:11 AM   #7
TylerShoemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Are they going to designate where the weight has to be bolted on at?
No. Just roll across 1500.

1 member likes this post: back it in
7/1/16, 9:47 AM   #8
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98 View Post
How much weight do guys w aluminum motors usually bolt on for the WAR series? I have never weighed our car and am just wondering how hard it really is.
Brandon, USAC wrote all our weights down at the MSCS race, if I remember correct you will need some weight I personally weigh 200# and will have to have at least 5 gal fuel left in tank to make weight of 1500#

7/1/16, 12:17 PM   #9
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
Brandon, USAC wrote all our weights down at the MSCS race, if I remember correct you will need some weight I personally weigh 200# and will have to have at least 5 gal fuel left in tank to make weight of 1500#
Ok I will check with them before we try this...if we actually do, the schedule is pretty full for the remainder of the season..

7/1/16, 4:03 PM   #10
Leohr46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentry10 View Post
Aric and myself don't worry about bolting on lead, we just have another cheeseburger. Lol

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Charleston (IL) Sprint Cars