IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton ready for Northeast challenge
6/26/16, 10:19 AM   #1
Kyle Hamilton ready for Northeast challenge
Task Force

KYLE HAMILTON READY FOR NORTHEAST CHALLENGE
By Zach Tasker

Pavement open wheel short track ace Kyle Hamilton is relishing a new challenge to add this his schedule this coming week. The driver known as “The professor” will take part in the NEMA Lites series Boston Louie Memorial at Seekonk Speedway in Massachusetts. Hamilton has seen success in many midget and sprint car series but has always wanted to take on the world of winged pavement racing. The Danville, Indiana native will finally get to do that this Wednesday, June 29 in the #76 FMR Racing/Seymour Performance Products Hawk/Focus. “I have pitted next to the Seymour's a couple times in the past and always liked their work ethic and professionalism. That's kind of how we got to know each other a little bit. They work with the owner of my car, Frank Manafort. Frank was looking for a driver for his #76 midget for the Boston Louie Memorial and the Seymour's made it happen for me. I've followed the NEMA series for a few years online and always thought the Boston Louie race would be cool to run, especially for a pavement driver like myself.”

As part of a tune-up for the Boston Louie Memorial, the 2015 Indianapolis Speedrome Tony Stewart Midget Classic champion got to shake down the car on June 18 in Monadnock, New Hampshire. The three-time Little 500 top five finisher turned some heads driving from 11th to 4th in the feature. “To get this call is special to me because it's a culmination of all of the hard work my family and I have put in over the years. It will be fun to see a different part of the country and race in front of a big crowd as well as in front of an even bigger TV audience. Luckily, the team was able to fly me out to race at Monadnock Speedway last weekend to get some practice in a wing car. I soaked up as much information as I could so I don't think we will be too far off when we get to Seekonk Speedway. Matt and Bob Seymour will get the car right if the setup needs work. To say I'm looking forward to it would be an understatement. I think we have a realistic shot to challenge for a win.”

To follow progress on Kyles racing season and his younger brother Nick, “Like” Hamilton Brothers Racing on Facebook.
Attached Images
hamilton nema.jpg (115.5 KB, 14 views)

6/26/16, 10:40 AM   #2
Re: Kyle Hamilton ready for Northeast challenge
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'm pretty sure this race is going to be aired on MavTV.

1 member likes this post: Task Force
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton ready for Northeast challenge