IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers Meetings
6/24/16, 8:44 AM   #1
Drivers Meetings
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Do any race tracks broadcast the drivers meeting over the PA system?

Why not?

When I'm in the pits with my camera I always attend the drivers meeting because I like to know what's going on for the nights program. Would race fans like to hear what's covered in the meeting?

2 members like this post: hoscalecody, jim goerge
6/24/16, 9:04 AM   #2
Re: Drivers Meetings
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Buy a pit pass and attend yourself. Usually really boring, Covering restart procedures etc.

My guess is, That it wouldn't be too hard to broadcast the competition directors and flagmans statements with a mic. But all the questions from competitors would be a pain to cover. You'd only hear the answers.

2 members like this post: davidm, PIT CART
6/24/16, 9:58 AM   #3
Jim Gardner

Clauson promoted a public drivers meeting for the indoor midget race at Duquoin. I don't know how well it was attended or received by fans, but the idea has been around. Most of the information covered isn't really necessary or game-changing for casual fans, which is probably why it isn't done more often.

A more interesting and eye-opening experience may be to stick around for post-race tech. See how much (or how little) is done to each winner's car at the end of the night.

1 member likes this post: davidm
6/24/16, 10:05 AM   #4
Rpracing1

USAC roaming hot pit girl has been streaming drivers meetings recently.

6/24/16, 10:07 AM   #5
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

Wait,, USAC has a roaming hot pit girl ??? Why have I missed this??

2 members like this post: davidm, tirespinner
6/24/16, 10:25 AM   #6
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
It's Georgia Henneberry, she does some video at certain USAC shows. Interviews quick timers and heat race winners, videos the drivers meeting, and talks to USAC officials

6/24/16, 10:40 AM   #7
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
Gotta be on the stick there Wizard!

6/24/16, 10:58 AM   #8
Backitin

We have a riders meeting at our races and no I wouldn't want it broadcast to the crowd. Sometimes people, including the promotor get called out and it isn't for everyone to hear.
They are borrrring anyhow as a whole.
Funniest thing is at our riders meeting one of the first things the promotor says is to ride careful the first heat. There is no practice in speedway, you go to the line and let er fly. Sure enough after the first round of heats theres always a few guys crashed out for the night. The last riders meeting I made it a point to say that all the riders in my sons class were in the main, have fun but don't do anything stupid till the main. Out of the six riders only two were able to make it out in the main, two destroyed bikes and two destroyed bodys,
Yep buy a pit pass or better yet race, then you can hear whats being said.

6/24/16, 11:27 AM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Yeah I could see that doing the drivers meeting weekly at the same track would get pretty boring after a couple weeks. The touring series has a bit more info to offer and also with USAC you have a nice prayer for the drivers after the meeting.

What got me thinking about this was Wednesday night at the Grove for the Super DirtCar Mod race they held the drivers meeting in the common area of the infield outside the pits. If fans wanted and some did they could get close and listen in.

6/24/16, 5:28 PM   #10
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Yeah I could see that doing the drivers meeting weekly at the same track would get pretty boring after a couple weeks. The touring series has a bit more info to offer and also with USAC you have a nice prayer for the drivers after the meeting.

What got me thinking about this was Wednesday night at the Grove for the Super DirtCar Mod race they held the drivers meeting in the common area of the infield outside the pits. If fans wanted and some did they could get close and listen in.
This post got me thinking that yeah I guess it would be no big deal having the fans attend if it were a common area. You really wouldn't want just anyone in the pits for a couple reasons. Some people really cant get enuff spectating, I'd rather sit out the riders meeting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers Meetings