IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH: DIRTcar Crate wing Sprint. Will it work?
3/28/16, 8:38 AM   #1
PLYMOUTH: DIRTcar Crate wing Sprint. Will it work?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Plymouth Speedway
DIRTcar Crate Wing Sprint class: Will it work and have some success?
Things I believe need to happen for this class to work out:
*Payout should be good enough to help gain interest (I've heard 2 different versions of the payout).
*Rules need to be inforced.
*Have a way to keep tire cost down.
*Have a few nights without the wing.
*Race format for the division.

So far I've heard of about 12 or so cars being built.
ALSO heard other tracks are intrested but are waiting to see how the division works out at Plymouth before they give it a go (Waynesfield being one of them).
-
Just curious to hear what others think.

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
3/28/16, 9:44 AM   #2
Re: PLYMOUTH: DIRTcar Crate wing Sprint. Will it work?
98arpy

Things are really looking good for the Dirtcar Pro Sprint car program. Plymouth is assembling a nice field of cars for the new division. Industry veterans Joe Gaerte and Scott Benic are on board and are building cars and installing the Pace Performance sealed engines. They recognize the value of this division to create new sprint car teams and their fans some of which will eventually move up and being involved now will give them a relationship going forward.
We are working with tracks in New York, North Carolina, Alabama and Arizona on programs for 2017.
Larry Kemp

2 members like this post: fish, nathans1012
3/28/16, 10:04 AM   #3
latemodel55

Wish they would of found some common rules with Wilmot Raceway. The 2 tracks aren't that far apart could of had some cross over.

3/28/16, 10:33 AM   #4
Nate

I'm not very familiar, can someone tell me the difference between these and 305 RaceSavers? Other than the engine being different. What's each car cost as a whole?

Wouldn't it make more sense to run 305s?

No other tracks even close to the area are slated to run these new sprints (at least not that I've heard of) whereas I know there are 3-4 tracks in Indiana that have 305s on their schedules for at least one or multiple events this year.

Hopefully it works out for them.

3/28/16, 12:07 PM   #5
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I'm not very familiar, can someone tell me the difference between these and 305 RaceSavers? Other than the engine being different. What's each car cost as a whole?

Wouldn't it make more sense to run 305s?

No other tracks even close to the area are slated to run these new sprints (at least not that I've heard of) whereas I know there are 3-4 tracks in Indiana that have 305s on their schedules for at least one or multiple events this year.

Hopefully it works out for them.
Plymouth was approached by DIRTcar about running the class. So they said ok.
The only think I can say is I've heard two different versions of the payout.
One good and one not so good.
I think that will dictate the biggest àmount of intrest the class garners from prospective drivers and / or car owners.
*$1,000 to win & $175 / $200 to start
*$400 to win & $100 to start

3/28/16, 2:19 PM   #6
Backitin

If you want to do NY a favor bring us some nonwing sprints. We already have all the winged bull we need.

2 members like this post: RacinFool, sprinter14
3/28/16, 3:44 PM   #7
Blueracer123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Plymouth was approached by DIRTcar about running the class. So they said ok.
The only think I can say is I've heard two different versions of the payout.
One good and one not so good.
I think that will dictate the biggest àmount of intrest the class garners from prospective drivers and / or car owners.
*$1,000 to win & $175 / $200 to start
*$400 to win & $100 to start
They will not be 1,000 to win. Not for a crate car. Specially since the mods are still the biggest class at Plymouth. If you read the WOO/UMP stuff closely they said the payout will be very close to what the weekly mod payout is at most tracks. So my guess is your $400 to win number is the correct payout. The $1000 to win rumor was a 410 sprint guy thinking he could ruffle feathers.

Also my guess is 10-12 cars running off and on this year. I know of 8 that I can confirm have cars, plus 4 more motors that have been purchased for the series.

3/28/16, 3:50 PM   #8
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
They will not be 1,000 to win. Not for a crate car. Specially since the mods are still the biggest class at Plymouth. If you read the WOO/UMP stuff closely they said the payout will be very close to what the weekly mod payout is at most tracks. So my guess is your $400 to win number is the correct payout. The $1000 to win rumor was a 410 sprint guy thinking he could ruffle feathers.

Also my guess is 10-12 cars running off and on this year. I know of 8 that I can confirm have cars, plus 4 more motors that have been purchased for the series.
Reason I said that is I know 2 guys that built cars.
But when they heard the $400 to win payout the sold them.
Both have connections to sprint car racing.
I won't say who they where but here is a hint: one has a family in Auto dealerships in northern (South Bend / Elkhart area) Indiana & Northwest Indiana and the other races with the Sprint On Dirt 360 Series.

3/28/16, 4:04 PM   #9
Blueracer123

Which had they paid attention to the press release they would have seen that in the first place. Though I know exactly who you are talking about. At least they built two and were able to sell to others for now.

Also to answer a question up above the total cost on this 602 is roughly $12,000-14,000. I have heard the racesavers sprints are going for $18,000-24,000. I could be off on the racesavers price though.

1 member likes this post: plymouthfan
3/28/16, 4:58 PM   #10
griffithracing

Total cost for a crate 602 12k-14k???

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH: DIRTcar Crate wing Sprint. Will it work?