IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Drivers? MSCS 8/31
8/26/08, 11:38 AM   #1
Haubstadt Drivers? MSCS 8/31
NoSacRacing

Any idea of car counts?

8/26/08, 12:42 PM   #2
Re: Haubstadt Drivers? MSCS 8/31
Fisher79

I don't know but it irritates me when Helfrich runs these Sunday shows against Kokomo. I know the tracks are 4+ hours apart, but it still weakens the field at both places, and probably more so at Kokomo. We've had the lowest car counts in recent memory the last two weeks (probably due to everybody being torn up, worn out and out of $$$) and looks like Sunday could be a repeat. BS, in my opinion.

8/26/08, 12:53 PM   #3
1BIGracefan

The Silver Crown race is sunday night at Duquoin also.

8/26/08, 12:59 PM   #4
NoSacRacing

Sorry didn't realize that this was such a bad topic. I am just excited to be coming to Indiana again. Heading out from PA to see Lawrenceburg Saturday night and the MSCS show at Haubstadt on Sunday.

8/26/08, 1:08 PM   #5
1BIGracefan

Its not a bad topic its a valid question asked. There is just three things going on sunday Kokomo, Haubstadt and the Crown race at Duquoin.

I will be at the Burg and Huabstadt.
Last edited by 1BIGracefan; 8/26/08 at 1:08 PM. Reason: Added

8/26/08, 1:14 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

For selfish reasons I wish the Tri State was on Saturday. That made a nice stop between here and Duqouin. Now I am looking at Gas City, Sun Prairie, Kokomo. everyone else have fun where ever you go.

8/26/08, 1:20 PM   #7
Fisher79

Not a bad topic at all. I forgot DuQuoin was Sunday also, hopefully Kokomo gets more than 20 cars.

8/26/08, 1:29 PM   #8
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
I don't know but it irritates me when Helfrich runs these Sunday shows against Kokomo. I know the tracks are 4+ hours apart, but it still weakens the field at both places, and probably more so at Kokomo. We've had the lowest car counts in recent memory the last two weeks (probably due to everybody being torn up, worn out and out of $$$) and looks like Sunday could be a repeat. BS, in my opinion.
Tri-State Speedway has been running Sunday night shows for over 50 years and have run a Sunday Labor Day Weekend show, for as long as I can remember. So, neither track OWNS Sunday night. With DuQuoin also running that night, both will be a little thinner. But, there'll be enough quality still left to have great shows at both Kokomo and Haubstadt.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/26/08, 1:42 PM   #9
NoSacRacing

We are just overly excited to be coming out. I haven't been to Indiana since Sprint week of 06. Bringing a friend who has never been out so it should be a blast. Just hoping to see Clayton at Haubstadt sunday night.

8/26/08, 1:49 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Tri-State Speedway has been running Sunday night shows for over 50 years and have run a Sunday Labor Day Weekend show, for as long as I can remember. So, neither track OWNS Sunday night. With DuQuoin also running that night, both will be a little thinner. But, there'll be enough quality still left to have great shows at both Kokomo and Haubstadt.

Jerry
Jerry,

Haubstadt was traditionally a Sunday night track for many years, but it seems the last few seasons the only time they run on Sunday night is when a race weekend falls on a holiday; Memorial Day, Father's Day and Labor Day. The rest of the races have been run on Saturday night.
I will miss the race at Haubstadt due to the DuQuoin conflict. When DuQuoin started running on Sunday night that created the conflict. I believe Haubstadt did run their Labor Day weekend race on Saturday night not long ago. I'll have to check my records to confirm that, but I'm fairly certain they did.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Drivers? MSCS 8/31