IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ectec/ lightnings at Lincoln f
7/6/15, 12:02 PM   #1
ectec/ lightnings at Lincoln f
zeromotorsports

The ecotecs midgets and lighting sprints will be back at Lincoln on Friday night. This is an awsome place to run, and Norm and the crew do a hell of a job. 28 cars last week. Let's show Lincoln our support

2 members like this post: DAD, MidwestD2Midget
7/6/15, 12:22 PM   #2
Re: ectec/ lightnings at Lincoln f
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Wish it was about 150 miles closer to Indy, that is one fun racey joint...
What happened to you in the Semi last Friday Johnny? You came up off the bottom of four like a drunk that missed his exit; I'm glad I still have pretty good reaction time for an old guy...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 7/6/15 at 12:23 PM.

7/6/15, 12:43 PM   #3
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports View Post
The ecotecs midgets and lighting sprints will be back at Lincoln on Friday night. This is an awsome place to run, and Norm and the crew do a hell of a job. 28 cars last week. Let's show Lincoln our support
Johnny or Jim

How did the feature end up? 1000cc or 2400cc? I saw Chett Gehrke crewing with AJ Felker at a high dollar race in southern Indiana Saturday night.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/6/15 at 12:52 PM.

7/6/15, 12:52 PM   #4
jjones752

Here's the report from ILSS website:
"The ILSS had a stellar field of 28 cars on hand for the July 3rd racing program at the Lincoln Speedway on Fri Night. Gedd Ross of Havana survived a big tangle in turn one with 2 laps to go that took out leader Korey Weyant , Andy Baugh, Brandon Smith and a few other cars. With 2 laps left Gedd took command and cruised to the Speedway Motors/ Henchcraft Chassis 20 lap event.Mitchell Davis who took the Conklin Ag Products Front Row Challenge to try and come from the back and win the extra $900 got as far as 3rd place. Next week the challenge grows to $1000"
I think the top 3 were all 1,000's, and I should mention that Mitchell did a heckuva job, almost coming from the back TWICE after an official's call that he was responsible for another car turning over and bringing out a red.
My opinion is, given equal driving talent it's a flat tossup whether a 1000cc Motorcycle or a 2.4 Automotive powerplant will come out on top on a given night.
Last edited by jjones752; 7/6/15 at 12:55 PM.

3 members like this post: DAD, MidwestD2Midget, Tom23
7/6/15, 1:06 PM   #5
DAD

Jim

Thanks, Them little 1000cc motors are hard to beat. However for the cost and maintenance on the smaller motors drive train I think the Automotive motors will probably come out on top at the end of the day. Their are some Automotive engines very capable of beating 1000cc motors out there already and If the organizers use their heads there are some motors in the scrap yards that will run off and hide from the motorcycle guys>>>However they would have to go to 3000cc's to do it in stock form I think.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION>>>>how would that place the Division II Midgets in relationship with the National Midgets for speed?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/6/15 at 1:15 PM.

7/6/15, 1:10 PM   #6
zeromotorsports

I was in the yellow car. My driver of the car in the semi, didn't get his steering wheel on all the way

7/6/15, 1:28 PM   #7
jjones752

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports View Post
I was in the yellow car. My driver of the car in the semi, didn't get his steering wheel on all the way
Oh dang, I thought I was scared... That explains it though. Bet he checks from now on.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/6/15, 1:33 PM   #8
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Oh dang, I thought I was scared... That explains it though. Bet he checks from now on.
Jim

It would be easy to see who was most scared>>>"Just perform a "Skid Mark" comparison.

Honest Dad himself

7/6/15, 2:16 PM   #9
jjones752

My skid marks were just on the track, so I can guess...

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/6/15, 2:21 PM   #10
DAD

Jim

That was a low and right down the middle comment.

We did the steering wheel thing once were not too lucky>>>like to climbed up with the flagman.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ectec/ lightnings at Lincoln f