IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about Clayton
8/19/08, 3:38 PM   #1
Question about Clayton
a tall Short fan 36

Just wondering why Daron Clayton lost his ride in the Trucker's number 10 ??? I've heard about five different stories......someone please set me straight......

Hoping Brady can make it 3 for 3 in MSCS races, this weekend at North Vernon if he shows I'll be there for sure!!!!!

8/19/08, 3:43 PM   #2
Re: Question about Clayton
Glad Brad

He didn't respect the other drivers?

8/19/08, 3:46 PM   #3
a tall Short fan 36

is that an answer or a question?

8/19/08, 4:26 PM   #4
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36 View Post
Just wondering why Daron Clayton lost his ride in the Trucker's number 10 ??? I've heard about five different stories......someone please set me straight......

Hoping Brady can make it 3 for 3 in MSCS races, this weekend at North Vernon if he shows I'll be there for sure!!!!!
Could it be that the car is crap? Bad setups. I don't think Clayton has forgot how to drive. Just like Darland didn't like the 9 midget setups.

8/19/08, 4:52 PM   #5
a tall Short fan 36

Yea I agree he's a lot more aggressive and fun to watch when he's not in the 10!!! Did you see him at Tri-State for the 10K to win last month in the 4X........Wild!!!!!

8/19/08, 7:37 PM   #6
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36 View Post
Yea I agree he's a lot more aggressive and fun to watch when he's not in the 10!!! Did you see him at Tri-State for the 10K to win last month in the 4X........Wild!!!!!
Wasn't the end result pretty much the same as when he was in the 10?:redflag:

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

8/19/08, 8:15 PM   #7
Peter Griffin

All I know is that Daron "The Modern Day Cowboy" Clayton reminds me of a very young Jac Haudenschild. If you are old enough to remember Jac when he was young I would bet the MDC brings back some of those memories. I for one am extremly happy that the kid is driving sprint cars and giving us fans something to look forward to and remember thats a very special skill.

Daron Clayton thanks for what you do in a sprint cars you are a true example of what is right in racing today.

8/19/08, 8:43 PM   #8
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
...you are a true example of what is right in racing today.
I am going to have to disagree with that statement. Bigtime.

This ain't a personal attack on Daron, because I don't know him. But from a racing standpoint, I think what he's done over the last three years or so is a true example of what is wrong in sprint car racing today. When you drive over your head like he's consistently done, yet there are no repercussions b/c of daddy's deep pockets, that's a problem. Young guys need to have respect for their equipment and learn to take care of it, then go fast. All Daron learned to do the first couple years was the second part of that sentence.

He did tone it down a little in the 10 car, but I know if I owned one and was on any kind of budget I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole at this point.

8/19/08, 8:59 PM   #9
hoosier sprinter

I saw on another forum that he is running Calistoga Labor Day weekend. His website says Duqoin. If he's at North Vernon this weekend, could somebody find out. Also, MDC is NOT what is wrong with sprint car racing these days. Seems like their pockets weren't that deep because didn't they have to park the 92 for awhile couple years ago for lack of funds? Gimme a break!

8/19/08, 9:16 PM   #10
backitin

You give me a break! They were deep enough to support Daron as he went through what, 15 cars in two years or some ridiculous number? I think those qualify as deep pockets by anyone's estimation! Especially when you're buying them off the rack from DRC and Maxim!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about Clayton