IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Technical Update
4/9/15, 5:01 PM   #1
Silver Crown Technical Update
sprntr

USAC TECHNICAL UPDATE - TB2015-SC001

SILVER CROWN SERIES

Date: April 9, 2015

Date Effective: April 9, 2015

TITLE: Tires

Dirt

Hoosier tires are the only approved rear tires for competition in 2015. Specific compounds for each event can be found on the entry form of the event.

Any team that attempts to qualify for the Hoosier Hundred on May 21st at The Indiana State Fairgrounds will receive two right rear Hoosier tires at no charge.

Beginning with the September 6th event at The DuQuoin State Fairgrounds competitors must utilize Hoosier tires on all four corners of the car.

Pavement

Tires will no longer be impounded by Hoosier or USAC prior to the events.

4/9/15, 9:49 PM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

That just made it more expensive.

2 members like this post: MKTQ17, racephoto1
4/9/15, 10:40 PM   #3
coondog

Except the price of the tires went down as well.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, bzneil, fish
4/10/15, 12:46 AM   #4
Re: Silver Crown Technical Update
sprntr

Guess Hoosier didn't like Swanson winning the Championship on American Racers!

4/11/15, 1:00 AM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

If you can't beat 'em....get 'em outlawed! Btw how much are the new Hoosiers anyway?

4/11/15, 1:34 AM   #6
racephoto1

Well, I remember Andy Hillenburg asking for suggestions on what to do to help the Silver Crown series. I said give everyone a year heads up on rule changes. I see USAC is back to their old self again.

Also , Hoosier couldn't beat American Racer on a mile if it had to. They tried everything to improve their tires and couldn't do it. Just think, they don't even have to try to improve their product anymore.Just keep making the stuff that didn't work before.

Also , thank you to American Racer, you always treated us well when we used your tires, and you always gave us a better product then the guys in purple.

6 members like this post: CSmith66, MKTQ17, Poorboyjocko, Steve Wendel, TQ29m, vitron
4/11/15, 2:48 AM   #7
vitron

Another decision made by USAC to benefit themselves instead of the teams that support usac. Get rid of a better product with a better price. Still self serving like usual.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, MKTQ17, Speedwrench
4/11/15, 5:47 AM   #8
flatout

Beginning to look like an antitrust case is needed against Hoosier. Seems the pretty much have a monopoly going across the board in open wheel short track racing.

1 member likes this post: MKTQ17
4/11/15, 8:48 AM   #9
Jonr

Uggghhhh. Every major series has a tire rule. Why people get upset with this is beyond me. If AR wanted to be the official tire of USAC, they could do it. Just win the business the next time it goes to bid.

3 members like this post: ByronMack, Jbaldwin, Shawn Harper
4/11/15, 2:05 PM   #10
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Uggghhhh. Every major series has a tire rule. Why people get upset with this is beyond me. If AR wanted to be the official tire of USAC, they could do it. Just win the business the next time it goes to bid.

AR had won the business. Springfield , Hoosier Hundred, just to name two. They're less expensive and perform better. This I know, I've used them. Sometimes you just can't beat ********, and we all know there are no ******** in USAC, don't we.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, CSmith66, flatout, Speedwrench, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Technical Update