IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about Williams Grove
2/21/15, 6:05 PM   #1
cleatziff

So I am lucky enough to be able to go to the national fire academy this summer. And its about 45 minutes away from Williams grove speedway. I am going on the Friday night I am there. Anybody have any advice for a first timer? I also want to know if there are any Saturday night tracks near by. The NFA is in Emmitsburg Maryland. I appreciate any help.
Last edited by cleatziff; 2/21/15 at 6:06 PM.

2/21/15, 6:16 PM   #2
Re: questions about Williams Grove
Andrew S. Quinn

I usually watch hot laps from the infield in turn one,and also fun to watch them while standing against the fence on the outside of turn 3. For the actual racing I always sit on the frontstretch. Been a few years since I have been there.

Lincoln Speedway is south of the Grove a half hr or so in New Oxford. If your in that area,also take the time to visit the Eastern Museum of Motor racing just a few miles south of the Grove off Rt 15.

4 members like this post: cleatziff, davidm, fish, WinglessLovers
2/21/15, 6:18 PM   #3
PIT CART

Avoid the beer hill gang if your wearing a Steve Kinser shirt. Lincoln speedway runs on Saturday night that's all I know.

2 members like this post: cleatziff, fish
2/21/15, 6:29 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Might as well check Susquehanna Speedway's website to see if they have any races scheduled for that particular Sunday night too. Its also close to both tracks in Newberrytown just off I-83 a few miles.

2/21/15, 6:33 PM   #5
cleatziff

Looks like I will be going to Lincoln on national fallen firefighters night which is fitting. I appreciate all the advice. I do not own a Steve kinder shirt but I will probably be wearing my DD shirt.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, davidm
2/21/15, 6:43 PM   #6
cleatziff

Checked Susquehanna. They are not running the weekend I am there

2/21/15, 6:54 PM   #7
cleatziff

How are the crowds? do I need to get there real early to get a good seat?

2/21/15, 7:08 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

They both have reserved seating which they sell by the season,so a lot of the really good seats are taken.

I always got there early for a good seat,except for times when I was doing "Doubles" like going from Silver Springs Speedway (RIP) to Lincoln,or from Susquehanna to Williams Grove.

Depends on where you like to sit I guess.

1 member likes this post: fish
2/21/15, 7:12 PM   #9
cleatziff

I prefer as high as I can get on the turn 4 side of the grandstand.

2/21/15, 9:32 PM   #10
dsc1600

The only nights you'll need to worry about a seat are the outlaw weekends and the speedweek show. Williams Grove has about 8,000 seats plus a lot of infield space.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about Williams Grove