IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > non wing racing!
2/3/15, 1:10 PM   #1
non wing racing!
dirtfan98

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 5

Just saw on BC's Facebook page he's running mainly wing stuff this year! Which good for him, Im happy for him, but am I the only one who doesn't like this? Seems more and more these days our great non wing guys r slowly racing the wings more and more! Imo just sucks wish there was a way to get more exposure for non wing racing! Good luck to BC! One of my favorite drivers for sure!

2/3/15, 1:35 PM   #2
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Hate to say it but the wings race for lot more $$$$.

3 members like this post: dirtball, jdull99, smith19
2/3/15, 2:09 PM   #3
Re: non wing racing!
Flatrightrear

They also have a lot more high paying sanctioned races.

2 members like this post: dirtball, jdull99
2/3/15, 2:13 PM   #4
dctracy79

dkdorkboy. I don't agree..You will make more money up front, yes. But if your good enough to move up the ranks.. Go through the ladder. Get name recognition. Move up to big leagues.. AKA Tony, Ryan, Kasey, Jeff. To name a few.. With those names, are you still making more money racing Outlaws? If you get a call 1 day from Hendrick, Ganassi or any Nascar ride? The Indycar days' are over for our midget/sprintcar guys'. I've have said this for years. If you can run a midget on dirt and pavement. Consistently win. You can make a name for yourself and get a ride. Unfortunately last few years. That trend is going away. I've got a feeling here in the future(don't know when) The days' of our guys' moving up is going to be gone 1 day.. Hope IM wrong about this. Because of the lack of diversity in race tracks! (dirt/pavement)

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tj39
2/3/15, 2:36 PM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Bryan has already done the NASCAR thing once.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
2/3/15, 2:55 PM   #6
Stephen Cording

Bryan Clauson Racing Bryan will still run some non wing races!

From Facebook.

Happy. Happy. Happy

2/3/15, 3:20 PM   #7
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfan98 View Post
Just saw on BC's Facebook page he's running mainly wing stuff this year! Which good for him, Im happy for him, but am I the only one who doesn't like this? Seems more and more these days our great non wing guys r slowly racing the wings more and more! Imo just sucks wish there was a way to get more exposure for non wing racing! Good luck to BC! One of my favorite drivers for sure!
Express your concern and displeasure to USAC.They are the only ones that can make a difference.
Last edited by Shawn Harper; 2/4/15 at 10:43 PM.

2/3/15, 5:24 PM   #8
sp6967

I agree that usac needs to do something. maybe make a rule that the drivers can only earn usac points if they race only with them, if they race somewhere else they lose all points.maybe should double the purse and have the promoters double ticket prices.maybe they should buy(pay them not race anywhere else) the drivers so that the run only usac. maybe pass the hat in the stands to raise more purse money. maybe usac needs to put wings on again that should raise the purse. maybe boycott the race tracks until the promoters raise the purse.maybe have the promoters run usac so the drivers can run for 1500 to win. these are just a few ways to solve problem.

4 members like this post: dctracy79, fish, monkeyboy, Sandy Lowe
2/3/15, 5:36 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I for one don't think you make more, For any one particular NORMAL All Star or NSL show. Its 5g to win and simular through the pack, Maybe a little higher. However they more BIG Shows to run. USAC has a few 10K Shows and the 20K Oval Nationals. But not the dozen or more higher paying and higher paying through the pack shows.
You will use a third more fuel and you better have the best damn part everywhere on the car to even compete.

Unlike USAC where a local with the setup can sometimes beat em. Yet locals run from USAC. WHY? License fee? What?
You couldn't ask for better insurance.

I can't for the life of me figure out why at least four of Sprintweek shows aren't 10K. Burg, Kokomo, THAT and Haubstadt could turn it without blinking a eye IMHO. Its a great week(S) with a loyal following of a couple thousand plus what can hit each's local

I can't blame BC and wish him well! I'll be rooting for him.
Looks like Hunter Schurengberg is going Wangs too.

Honestly, I can't stand em. Freakin Dustblowers and unless a race stays green for a dozen laps. No passing execpt first lap and restarts most of the time.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/3/15 at 5:39 PM.

4 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, mc/rider, oldfan49, rachasin
2/3/15, 5:52 PM   #10
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I for one don't think you make more, For any one particular NORMAL All Star or NSL show. Its 5g to win and simular through the pack, Maybe a little higher. However they more BIG Shows to run. USAC has a few 10K Shows and the 20K Oval Nationals. But not the dozen or more higher paying and higher paying through the pack shows.
You will use a third more fuel and you better have the best damn part everywhere on the car to even compete.

Unlike USAC where a local with the setup can sometimes beat em. Yet locals run from USAC. WHY? License fee? What?
You couldn't ask for better insurance.

I can't for the life of me figure out why at least four of Sprintweek shows aren't 10K. Burg, Kokomo, THAT and Haubstadt could turn it without blinking a eye IMHO. Its a great week(S) with a loyal following of a couple thousand plus what can hit each's local

I can't blame BC and wish him well! I'll be rooting for him.
Looks like Hunter Schurengberg is going Wangs too.

Honestly, I can't stand em. Freakin Dustblowers and unless a race stays green for a dozen laps. No passing execpt first lap and restarts most of the time.
Chuck, the difference between the NSL and the All-Stars is the point $ at the end of the year. For the NSL it is in the same neighborhood as WoO and at least until Tony announces the point fund the All Stars arent even in the same area code. So the difference between the WoO and NSL is the nightly payout and the large difference in travel expenses make up at lot of that.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > non wing racing!