IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule
1/2/15, 1:42 PM   #1
POWRi schedule
Jonr

POWRi schedule has been released. A couple of interesting items. No mention of any co-sanction events either with USAC or with Badger. However, several events at Angell Park so that might be an oversight. Scheduled against the Belleville Midget Nationals. No mention of the Gold Crown, and they have races scheduled on the Gold Crowns traditional dates. However, thre was talk of moving the Gold Crown to a different date. Thus, I will give them a pass for now. The must see event for me is adding POWRi to the card of the Iron Man 55. WOO and POWRi on the same card is going to be hard to pass up.

Www.powri.com

1/2/15, 2:16 PM   #2
Re: POWRi schedule
chathamracefan

Some big shows in there. The July 3 & 4 doubleheader at Macon will be good with the 2nd night paying $5,000. I hope they build more bleachers at Wayne City cause that place will be packed for $20,000 to win.

1/2/15, 3:23 PM   #3
axman775

It will be interesting to compare the powri schedule to usac's midget schedule. I saw on the IRA sprint site that they are running corn fest at sun prairie. No more midgets for corn fest maybe?

1/2/15, 4:05 PM   #4
ISF

Anyone have any inkling as to why the Leffler Memorial is scheduled to be run in October as opposed to the Tuesday prior to Labor Day Weekend as has been the case the past couple of years?

1/2/15, 4:25 PM   #5
55fan

Hey Kenny Brown when will we see POWRI in Tennessee?

1/2/15, 4:32 PM   #6
micro23

Probably wont. That's a long haul!! West Memphis isn't a bad drive.

1/2/15, 5:40 PM   #7
El1teBr33ze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
PNo mention of the Gold Crown, and they have races scheduled on the Gold Crowns traditional dates. However, thre was talk of moving the Gold Crown to a different date. Thus, I will give them a pass for now.
I just posted this on the other thread...

Last year, even though it was rained out, was not sanctioned by POWRi. Was only sanctioned by USAC.

With that being said, I don't think Gold Crown is going to happen the same weekend this year because USAC has a sprint car race scheduled at Lawrenceburg on Oct. 3.

1 member likes this post: Jonr
1/2/15, 5:44 PM   #8
El1teBr33ze

If they're going to run the Leffler Memorial that late in the season, why run it on a Friday and not a Saturday? Unless it's misprinted...because October 23 is a Friday.

Edit: the other thread has Saturday. POWRi website says Friday. Still wondering why they couldn't run a Saturday that late in the season.
Last edited by El1teBr33ze; 1/2/15 at 5:48 PM.

1/3/15, 11:31 PM   #9
Pat O'Connor Fan

Phooey!!

Only 12 POWRi midget races less than 70 miles from the Old Folks Home here in Bloomington IL

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule