IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin indoor race February
12/30/14, 11:17 PM   #1
Du Quoin indoor race February
Avon Open Wheel fan

This race is open to any sportsnan/division II midgets and Lughtning Sprints. It is also open to 600 to 1200cc upright lightning sprints. I know the flyer says lightning sprints and.this is confusing. If you.have any.questions please ask me.
Attached Images
FB_IMG_1419983160052.jpg (61.4 KB, 96 views)

www.illinimidgets.com

2 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, luckybuc97
12/30/14, 11:20 PM   #2
Avon Open Wheel fan

Entry info. Once again I know there might be some confusion on.the flyer and rules. Please PM me if you.have questions. The goal is is to keep this simple so if you follow the rules in the series you normally compete in you.will be alliwed to race in this event.
Attached Images
FB_IMG_1419983153248.jpg (65.0 KB, 58 views)

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: dirt_trackgurl006
12/31/14, 12:28 AM   #3
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

Jay
Just making sure I understand properly.....to pre-enter it cost $65, if we miss pre-entry the cost is $95, which doesn't cover a pit pass. Pit passes are $20 and if you would like to pit inside it is another $25 to rent your pit stall. It is $500 to win the drops off quickly to $200 for 2nd and then 10th through 20th is $100. $65+$25+$20=$105 with all the buzz from racers from multiple different states and potential of a large field of cars I am a little surprised on purse/entry fees. Not trying to stir the pot just trying to understand the $$.

4 members like this post: DAD, jdull99, jjones752, latemodel55
12/31/14, 1:01 AM   #4
Avon Open Wheel fan

I will check on.the entry fee cost. Will also check on the purse. Will try to call Steve tomorrow about everything.

www.illinimidgets.com

12/31/14, 1:54 AM   #5
Re: Du Quoin indoor race February
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETracing View Post
Jay
Just making sure I understand properly.....to pre-enter it cost $65, if we miss pre-entry the cost is $95, which doesn't cover a pit pass. Pit passes are $20 and if you would like to pit inside it is another $25 to rent your pit stall. It is $500 to win the drops off quickly to $200 for 2nd and then 10th through 20th is $100. $65+$25+$20=$105 with all the buzz from racers from multiple different states and potential of a large field of cars I am a little surprised on purse/entry fees. Not trying to stir the pot just trying to understand the $$.
Matt

Most of our races at DuQuoin have been supplemented by a large number of Go Karts. Most indoor races are in the high rent category, those roofs are expensive. The people who prep the track are on the clock both before and after the race.

The Idea of combining the several different classes together is an attempt to increase car count and maybe provide a better purse and competition for the racers. Steve is going to have general admission tickets on sale but I seriously doubt if we will draw a PowrI size crowd that would justify a very large purse. Right now we are taking what somebody once told me was baby steps. A large car count and perhaps a good size front gate would go a long way in securing another race.

Steve is taking a crap shoot on this race as we racers too are. What we need is a sponsor or several sponsors to supplement the purse. I sometime equate a race with a BINGO game we can have a $1000.00 coverall but the cost of cards will have to go up.

I have volunteered to furnish the trophy's already for the race. In addition I will pledge $400.00 for steve to supplement the purse with compliments of Dad's Auto Sales LLC. I see this as a good advertisement investment and will turn it over to my accountant to be applied to my cost of doing business. This will drive us just a little deeper into the hole ***.

NOW>>> if we can just find a few more business owners-car owners to advertise on our race we could have a very attractive purse for the racers and an Excellent advertising opportunity for a few smart business Owners.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/31/14 at 1:56 AM.

3 members like this post: fish, Jim Gardner, Wayne Davis
12/31/14, 2:15 AM   #6
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post

NOW>>> if we can just find a few more business owners-car owners to advertise on our race we could have a very attractive purse for the racers and an Excellent advertising opportunity for a few smart business Owners.

Honest Dad himself

Bill I know that is what I am having to do (get sponsors) for the Gator "DIRT" Nationals even though we already have a descent payout I would like to get it from $100 to $125 to start and instead of the tow money for non-qualifiers at $50 i want it to be $75-$100 tow...we are working on that.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, ISF
12/31/14, 2:48 AM   #7
Avon Open Wheel fan

Dad you hav3 some solid points and also most promoters make money selling.those hot dogs and beer.

On a side note if anyone does want to sponsor this race please send me a PM. Every penny will go back to.the drivers and no sponsor is too small. Sponsors can display banners at the race and will get mentioned through out the race.

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
12/31/14, 9:51 AM   #8
KYRON

Just pulled up the rules---"chain-drive only" "no quick change rear ends allowed"

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/31/14, 10:30 AM   #9
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYRON View Post
Just pulled up the rules---"chain-drive only" "no quick change rear ends allowed"
According to the first post that's supposed to be changing, but why not avoid confusion and make it right in the first place?
Like Matt, not complaining, just wondering...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/31/14, 10:46 AM   #10
DAD

Ron

If you race MMSA that is the rules for you, if you race ILSS you must race under their rules. This is an Outlaw race, and Steve invited the other Midgets with stock block engines to race also, It should be a fun and maybe we can get more cars to show up to race. The big question is how close are the cars to one another and which class is faster than the other. I am betting it will be real close and should bring about some very good racing.

According to the Tulsa Shootout 20 Mini Sprints signed up for the race and about the same number of Echo Tecs signed up for their race. If they combined both classes together they would have a pretty good field, the question is can a car with 1/2 the cubic inches be competitive with a larger stock engine, if so it might be the way to improve racing for all of us.

We need to come up with a tire rule that will take the advantage of big horsepower motors away like they did with the open wheel modified class and a better way to line the cars up to to make racing more competitive.

I hope we have a bunch of cars show up from all Sportsman type Midgets and put on one heck of a race. I know Matt at SET and others don't really like that name but we sure are not National Midgets either.

I told Jay that I can visualize you sitting behind your desk with your feet up on it a big cigar and cowboy hat and that trophy sitting on the front of the desk.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/31/14 at 10:57 AM.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin indoor race February