IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sportsman Midget/Lightning Sprint Race at DuQuoin
12/8/14, 5:50 PM   #1
Sportsman Midget/Lightning Sprint Race at DuQuoin
Avon Open Wheel fan

February 7th will be the date for the return of Lightning Sprints with Kenyon Midgets, Focus Midgets and Echo Techs also competing on the Indoor dirt oval. These cars will all run together in this show as a sportsman midget class. If you have other cars that I have not listed and wish to race with us please send me a message so I can check on allowing you to run. We are trying to keep this simple and allow any sportsman midget race with the lightning sprints.

Unlike last time the Karts will not be running. The 600 Micro Midgets and the Jr Sprints will also be racing in separate divisions for this event. It will also be a late afternoon practice with racing starting in the early evening. The exact times have not been determined.

Snow date will be on the 21st of February.
ve
The rules should be the same for the lightning sprints as last time. Trying to get some rules for the other cars that we have added but we are trying to keep things simple.

Additional information along with the flyers will be posted on here and on various Facebook pages shortly. I am also waiting on the purse structure and format for this race so once this is available I will also post this information.

Feel free to send me a PM or post on here if you have any questions.

www.illinimidgets.com
Last edited by Avon Open Wheel fan; 12/8/14 at 5:53 PM.

5 members like this post: DAD, GSR96, jjones752, luckybuc97, WBR 3E
12/8/14, 6:27 PM   #2
Re: Sportsman Midget/Lightning Sprint Race at DuQuoin
DAD

Jay

These guys have got it covered http://imraracing.com/rules/4580417183. Their Engine rules should suffice except for 1200cc cars. A bit too detailed for me but they invested a lot of time.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/8/14 at 6:34 PM.

12/8/14, 6:31 PM   #3
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

They (IMRA) allowed 1200's last year, it's a little unclear why you would want to restrict a lower class of motor when they're up against 2.4 liter automotive engines...
(Also not a fan of disallowing a gutted transmission when running against direct drives either but I am a tad biased )
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 12/8/14 at 6:33 PM.

12/8/14, 6:37 PM   #4
Dgentry51

We'll be there w/ a different driver

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/8/14, 6:45 PM   #5
DAD

Jim

We all are biased a little bit but most people won't admit to it.

The gutted transmission was an old time speed secret invented by a bunch of old wives. For those of us that cant count past 2 when counting gutting them was a good idea. When the idea first started some of the guys didn't plug them holes in the gear shafts and we lost a few motors.

Automotive engines are one step up from lawn mower motors>>>our engines are one step down from Formula I engines. We get 200 HP per liter They get a little less than 80 HP per liter>>> so it should equal out.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/8/14 at 6:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
12/8/14, 7:04 PM   #6
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentry51 View Post
We'll be there w/ a different driver
Don

You got a better driver hidden back? That ain't fair is it?

Honest Dad himself

12/8/14, 7:11 PM   #7
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
I am also waiting on the purse structure and format for this race so once this is available I will also post this information.
I trust it will be a better format than the November show. The 14 car maximum for the features, along with the short 15 lap distance, was bush league.

12/8/14, 7:20 PM   #8
DAD

Il

We been bush league for years. Somebody has to do it might as well be us. I think taking the Go Karts out of the mix will go a long way for better racing. A track that would work for us would have most of them bouncing down the track on their heads. That track crew is capable of giving us a very good race track and letting that upstart PowerI bunch come in ahead of us to give them something to practice on can only help.

Honest Dad himself

12/8/14, 7:48 PM   #9
Avon Open Wheel fan

There will be a full program and Steve is working on obtaining transponders so we can start a full field of cars. He is also working on adding some seating for spectators. Without the karts this should run smoother.

www.illinimidgets.com

12/9/14, 10:57 AM   #10
Avon Open Wheel fan

If I could please have some basic info for those thinking about coming like car number driver and hometown this would be great. You can either post on this thread or send me a pm on here or on Facebook.

This will help us put together a smoother format. Right now we are looking at a large car count.

www.illinimidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sportsman Midget/Lightning Sprint Race at DuQuoin