IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PDP Racing Heads to California!
11/19/14, 11:38 PM   #1
PDP Racing Heads to California!

PDP Racing Heads to California!

We at PDP Racing have always been considered a low buck operation. And rightfully so. We spend less in a month then some teams spend per race.
But we have managed to race in Florida, Georgia and many of the states in the southeast. We have also raced in Oswego, New York and Pennsylvania. But this weekend will be our most ambitious traveling schedule yet.

You see, Davey Hamilton, of Indy Car fame, with support of the Auto Value Super Sprint Series, our local winged pavement series, put together a six race series with three races in the Midwest and three races out in California. We were able to run two of the three Midwest races with Jim Payne (the first “P” in PDP Racing) driving.

We really didn’t think we would be able to run the California races, but with some transportation help from Kevin Feeny and his car owner, Marv Carmen. And some financial help from some friends, we are on the way!

The car left Sunday and Sara (my traveling companion and body guard) and I fly out in the morning. Jim couldn’t make the trip so I will be doing the driving. Friday, we race at Madera, California. Saturday, we run at Irwindale and Sunday we race at Kern county Speedway by Bakersfield.

You can keep track of us this weekend and every other weekend on the PDP Racing Facebook page. I will try to give a quick update every night while we are out west.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

11/20/14, 9:10 AM   #2
Re: PDP Racing Heads to California!
Landrum Spring

Good luck from you friends at Landrum Performance Spring!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PDP Racing Heads to California!