IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Modified guys???
8/10/08, 1:49 AM   #1
Open Wheel Modified guys???
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I just got home tonight from our (Brian Hayden and me) first appearance at paragon racing modifieds. The night didn't go like we wanted, but I think the "old sprint car guys" will be making many more "Open-Wheeled" modified races in the future. It was pretty cool to be a part of racing again.

I found it very interesting that alot of "Open Wheeled" modified guys follow this site. Could there actually be a part of IndianaOpenWheel.com that is for modified guys? :O: The front tires are open wheeled...

8/10/08, 2:33 AM   #2
Re: Open Wheel Modified guys???
mayor31

Bill it was nice to meet you tonight. Hope to see our new modifed friends at the track again soon...

8/10/08, 2:39 AM   #3
Jerry Spencer

Bill I for one am glad that you are able to go anywhere and have a good time. As far as modified guys racing is racing as long as you enjoy what you are doing that is all that matters. I also hope that you continue to enjoy good health.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

8/10/08, 10:45 AM   #4
cmakin

Down here in the Houston area, modifieds are pretty much what is run. Very little sprint car racing at all.

8/10/08, 12:09 PM   #5
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I just got home tonight from our (Brian Hayden and me) first appearance at paragon racing modifieds. The night didn't go like we wanted
Patience my friend, patience. With a rookie driver and a rookie wrench you can't expect to run up front on your first night. :wink:O: It's great that you two are back in competition. I could tell from watching and talking to you at Lawrenceburg that spectating was not gonna get it. Best of luck to you guys. Modifieds have been putting on some fine racing at the new 'Burg, though I miss my good buds John and Shane Mugavin.

I seem to be getting more tolerant in my old age, rooting for favorite modifed guys and even a favorite Bomber chauffeur (Lloyd Walls) who I have yet to actually meet. I do know his Dad, but I root for Lloyd anyway. :moon:

8/10/08, 12:13 PM   #6
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Patience my friend, patience. With a rookie driver and a rookie wrench you can't expect to run up front on your first night. :wink:O: It's great that you two are back in competition. I could tell from watching and talking to you at Lawrenceburg that spectating was not gonna get it. Best of luck to you guys. Modifieds have been putting on some fine racing at the new 'Burg, though I miss my good buds John and Shane Mugavin.

I seem to be getting more tolerant in my old age, rooting for favorite modifed guys and even a favorite Thunder chauffeur (Lloyd Walls) who I have yet to actually meet. I do know his Dad, but I root for Lloyd anyway. :moon:
HEY MARV,
LLOYD TAKES AFTER HIS DAD & HIS DAD TAKES AFTER ANYTHING.
IN THE WORDS OF FISHBURGR ( I MUST BE OFF ) HEADED TO KOKOMO IN A FEW.CAN`T GET ENOUGH RACEN. CHOW :Steer :Steer

8/10/08, 12:28 PM   #7
31bro

Hey Bill it was nice to meet you last night. I am sure we will get you converted to a mod guy. Hey lets fire up this new modified forum!!!!!!!!!

8/10/08, 12:48 PM   #8
PJ Wright

Speaking of modifieds, is IOWer Shane Mugavin racing this year? He and his dad are first class people.

8/10/08, 1:33 PM   #9
Bill Gardner
Administrator

http://indianaopenwheel.com/vmessage...splay.php?f=25

What is this world coming too... An open wheel modified section on IndianaOpenWheel.com... :O:

8/11/08, 5:40 PM   #10
ShaneMugavin57

Thanks Pj and Marv. Yes we are still racing at least for a couple more months. The 57 is probably done after this year and we will have to see what happens from their. We are currently solidly third in points at Moler raceway park. We are trying to make it to the Burg before the year is up but they cancelled our class one night we planned on going and they have not run us at any of the USAC shows that I love to run. Dad has been a spectator at quite a few races and really likes the place as a fan but not as a bill paying car owner lol. Hope to see you all soon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Modified guys???