IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint/Midget (Focus-Ecotec) Winternationals?
10/6/14, 3:31 PM   #1
Lightning Sprint/Midget (Focus-Ecotec) Winternationals?
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

For all you na-sayers out there that have said this can't coexists...I have proven you wrong...As of this pass Sat. night in the Southern States Midget Series was the 5th win for a "STOCK" 1000cc on gas and has been 2 wins for a "BUILT" GSXR...Focus Midget have won 8 times and Ecotec 3 times and have 5 races left in the season. So YES they can and will run competitively with each other...So my question is.............

WHO WANTS TO COME TO FLORIDA IN FEB?....Last time I had 18 comments and only 7 showed up...I am will to stick my neck out on the line 1 last time....Wed. practice and Race Thurs/Fri. Sat. paying 600/600/1000 to win 100.00 to start. Maybe more with sponsorship help. need feedback from you so I can get it to the right people at USAC and others...

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: bn kleen, DAD
10/6/14, 3:55 PM   #2
Re: Lightning Sprint/Midget (Focus-Ecotec) Winternationals?
DAD

Wayne

SO

I are in the middle of an identity crisis right now. You are doing what it takes to get cars in the pits and I guess a pretty good job of it. I have said all along that they could and would race competitively together. It took me a year to convince you what kind of car you were racing, I'm not doing as well with your northern neighbors.

What you need is a small track near Bubba's place to stage your races at. That joint is just a tad large to showcase your efforts. Now if he in his wisdom would build a 1/5 or 1/4 track smack in the middle of that place wow!!! Flat and wide>>>> you should see these things on them little Indiana Fair ground tracks.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: bn kleen, Wayne Davis
10/6/14, 4:09 PM   #3
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Wayne

SO

I are in the middle of an identity crisis right now. You are doing what it takes to get cars in the pits and I guess a pretty good job of it. I have said all along that they could and would race competitively together. It took me a year to convince you what kind of car you were racing, I'm not doing as well with your northern neighbors.

What you need is a small track near Bubba's place to stage your races at. That joint is just a tad large to showcase your efforts. Now if he in his wisdom would build a 1/5 or 1/4 track smack in the middle of that place wow!!! Flat and wide>>>> you should see these things on them little Indiana Fair ground tracks.

Honest Dad himself
Dad my first 3 and a half years I have been at the 1/4 just down the road from BRP and Marion County Speedway is a "GREAT" lil track. for 2 years I held the winternationals there and with 17 and 14 car counts. This year I left there and went to the "bigger" tracks with spectators and am finally getting exposed. I never ever would have said North Florida Speedway as a bigger 3/8 would produce the racing like it has this past year but it did....I still have a hard on from this pass weekend of racing....I agree with the Identity crisis and I also know we are a 2nd tier class..Would love to be known at a Division II Midget and if you run wings it would be a WINGED Div.II midget....

When we ran at Bubbas with USAC 2 years ago with only 7 cars I had so many people tell me those 3 races was better the 2 of the USAC races....Bubba's does put on a good show and it is safe

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/6/14, 4:18 PM   #4
DAD

Wayne

Give me a street address so I can Google map it.

Honest Dad himself

Da

Never mind Wayne all I did was Google North Florida Speedway and it popped right up.

What I see is one of them D shaped track made that way from years of racing, looks like it has a little bank and is completely devoid of any Indiana Red Clay. That stuff is nice to race on but it sure slows down car cleaning. Looks like Dirt with maybe a bit of sand, I would compare the surface to Charlestown Indiana or Paragon Speedway. Probably hold up pretty good and doesn't rut up but the traction of clay just isn't there.

That would probably work great for "Sportsman Midgets" W or W/O wings.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/6/14 at 5:45 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
10/6/14, 6:31 PM   #5
Jim Gardner

Would this be at North Florida Speedway or at Bubba Raceway Park?

10/6/14, 6:51 PM   #6
DAD

Jim

North Florida they got a pretty good website.

Honest Dad himself

10/6/14, 8:57 PM   #7
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
Would this be at North Florida Speedway or at Bubba Raceway Park?
Most likely BRP with USAC

1 member likes this post: SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS
10/6/14, 9:03 PM   #8
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Wayne

Give me a street address so I can Google map it.

Honest Dad himself

Da

Never mind Wayne all I did was Google North Florida Speedway and it popped right up.

What I see is one of them D shaped track made that way from years of racing, looks like it has a little bank and is completely devoid of any Indiana Red Clay. That stuff is nice to race on but it sure slows down car cleaning. Looks like Dirt with maybe a bit of sand, I would compare the surface to Charlestown Indiana or Paragon Speedway. Probably hold up pretty good and doesn't rut up but the traction of clay just isn't there.

That would probably work great for "Sportsman Midgets" W or W/O wings.

Honest Dad himself
It's Florida GUMBO clay...red clay is up in Ga. ... kinda a D shaped track...does not rut out and is pretty dang smooth

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/7/14, 11:12 AM   #9
DAD

Wayne

Did a Google map on Bubba's place. That brings up several questions.

1. Does anybody in the state of Florida know how to run a transit-level?

2. Does anybody down there know how to operate a road grader?

When first looking at the map turn 1&2 look like it's a 1/2 mile track but then if you follow it on around a little it looks like 3&4 belong to a 1/4 mile track.

He has the making of a really nice and more racy smaller track, wonder if anybody has ever brought to his attention?

North Florida looks like a much better track for Sportsman Midgets to race at.

Bubba's Place

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2824.../data=!3m1!1e3

North Florida

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.1256.../data=!3m1!1e3

I would almost bet that Bubba's track started out looking like North Florida and they changed it to accommodate stock cars to make it easier for them to gear.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/7/14 at 11:34 AM.

10/7/14, 11:43 AM   #10
Jim Gardner

Wayne, I looked at a video of your Henchcraft hot lapping BRP. Any idea what gear you where running with that 1000cc? Just to get an idea if we want to come down.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint/Midget (Focus-Ecotec) Winternationals?