IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tom knowles memorial..
9/10/14, 7:50 PM   #1
Tom knowles memorial..
chathamracefan

Anyone going to Spoon River Saturday night? Mowa and powri both. I've never been to spoon but I think going to this one

1 member likes this post: sfish
9/10/14, 8:13 PM   #2
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I'm going . Jacksonville Friday then spoon river Saturday night. The facilities ( bathroom / concession ) have a little to b desired but the track is great! A very racy joint that can go 4 wide. They do not sell beer but do allow u to bring in a cooler full of whatever u want for a fee . I don't drink so it doesn't matter to me.I don't remember exactly but I know it wasn't over $10 . The girlfriend says they have the best corn dog she's had at a racetrack and this will b our 34th race in 4 states this summer. You should go .... It's one of those places that you'll b asking yourself afterwards "why haven't I ever been here before?"
Last edited by dirt in ur beer; 9/10/14 at 8:31 PM.

9/10/14, 8:17 PM   #3
chathamracefan

Rico is gonna be there. That is probably enough to get me to the track right there. I've heard good things about it just never gone before

9/10/14, 8:30 PM   #4
dirt in ur beer
Banned

All 3 red n black cars will b there. I know a lot of people hate them , but I enjoy seeing people try to beat them.

9/10/14, 8:34 PM   #5
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Last yr the modifieds had a wheel and suspension destruction contest which seemed like it took 6 hrs to finish !

9/10/14, 9:46 PM   #6
redracer75

Yeah. Do they really need modifieds with sprints and midgets? Must be back gate. Always 5/10 ridin/hangin on them machines. Must be the culture.

9/11/14, 12:44 AM   #7
Re: Tom knowles memorial..

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Planning on going. looks like Rico is running sprints also. And I see bell is off racing on asphalt. Is there a different third driver in this trio? I can see people becoming tired of seeing the same car win all the time, but there seems to be no team in these three when they hit the track. They have put on some very spectacular racing all season and I expect we could see more of the same crazy slide jobs and rim riding around the top of spoon river.
Last edited by Points; 9/11/14 at 12:46 AM.

9/11/14, 1:18 AM   #8
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Really cool track. Last I knew, it still had old styl lighting which is neat. Sit low coming out of four for a great experience. Bring goggles for the sprints.

9/11/14, 6:42 AM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

I'm sorry if I misspoke about all 3 black n red cars(bell). I assumed he'd b there cause the other 2 were gonna b there . If memory serves me right he (bell)won both last yr sprint/midget

9/11/14, 7:09 AM   #10
Re: Tom knowles memorial..
SDHill89

I'm planning on being at Jacksonville and Spoon River this weekend. Spoon River is a cool place and is actually one of my favorite tracks despite having terrible lighting and not the greatest facilities. It's fast, wide, and really high banked. When they get the track right it puts on a great show. As ThrowbackRacingTeam pointed out, bring goggles because sometimes it gets real dusty. According to the website, coolers are $5 to carry in every time through the gate and no food or glass.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tom knowles memorial..