IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bobby ciconni
7/2/14, 1:32 PM   #1
Bobby ciconni
coxie bowman

I got to thinking about him the other day whilst I was cleaning out my garage. I came across a video tape of him at Winchester in a Midgie. He seemed to end up in the fence and was asked later about the crash. His quote: "FLAPS DOWN," I could see I was going to crash and needed to put the FLAPS DOWN, it's just like when I land with my plane, when we fly out from the East Coast.
What an interview. He was surely a person for TV and the promotion of MIDGET RACING.
Last I heard, was he just got out of JAIL because he was using his eyebrows during an interview to signal his people to be careful and to look out for the cops. His people was making many gallons of illegal DAGO RED wine to be sold at the Saint Ipolito festival. Bobby has since repented and has been rehabilitated. Presently he is back in society and is selling industrial socks to the dock workers and also to the people in in the blue collar industry of SOUTH PHILLY. And doing very well incidently.
His father, (Big Lou) has finally been ordained, and is in Florida doing a great job with the people of the FLORDIAN SCUPTORS SOCIETY pertaining TO THE PINE TREE ACCEPTANCE INDUSTRY.
Should anyone consider writing and letting me know what has happened to him, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Calabrase.

7/2/14, 2:46 PM   #2
Re: Bobby ciconni
darnall

Back in 1989-1990ish USAC came to run on the pavement at Lebanon, MO.... I was there racing a kart that night and we ended up being pitted right next to the Cicconi bunch.... Those guys, especially Bob, were so much fun to be around I can't even describe it. I have no idea how Bob ever had any success in racing because he spent so much time that night telling stories, listening to the stories I had in all my teenage wisdom, cracking jokes and having fun with everybody that there's no way he could have spent any amount of time tuning, maintaining or even thinking about the racecar. I don't even know how he managed to find the time to strap his helmet and buckle his belts when he jumped in the car each time. And many nights his interviews alone made Thursday Night Thunder worth watching......What a guy!!

2 members like this post: DaveP63, jjones752
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bobby ciconni