IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint week driver roster??
6/24/14, 9:10 AM   #1
Sprint week driver roster??
chathamracefan

Is there typically a roster list issued ahead of time of driver & car #'s for the guys doing sprint week? I'm going to the first 2 shows. I'm familiar with most of the "big name" guys from Jackslash & other videos, but I like to know who is driving all the cars. I live in IL & don't get to see much of the non wing stuff so I'm trying to get up to speed.

Thanks!

6/24/14, 10:13 AM   #2
Re: Sprint week driver roster??
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Frank normally is all over this so I would assume he will be putting it together again. He did an outstanding job for midget weeks so continue to monitor IOW and I am sure he will have it posted closer to sprint week.

I will take this time to personally thank Frank for all the hard work he puts into this. It certainly helps all of us fans to have that information in hand when we arrive at the speedway. Your efforts are appreciated.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: cwfan08, EBookerFan, jim goerge, racing2bwithu2
6/24/14, 10:21 AM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I'm working on it. If we get much more rain, I might try to include speedboat drivers also.

6/24/14, 1:25 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

The beginning of the list is posted as another thread. I will keep working on it to try to make it as comprehensive as possible. Any help is most appreciated.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dredgesp, jim goerge
6/24/14, 2:39 PM   #5
Flatrightrear

I don't understand why tracks don't print out a list of drivers on a plain sheet of paper and sell them for 50 cents so fans know who is who. Programs were sold years ago with advertisements in them but that is a lost art anymore, generally speaking. Half the time you can't hear the announcer clearly and in a feature it is hard to remember who is who with a twenty car field and you're not familiar with half of the drivers/car numbers. The tracks should be responsible for making these races fan friendly and especially for people who don't come very often and really need the help. Most people are not on a site like this so they can't print their own sheet at home like we can. The person selling the tickets could hand you a sheet and/or sell you a sheet with the info. It would be extremely handy for most fans, IMO.

6/24/14, 2:50 PM   #6
Flatrightrear

Another thought. The list doesn't have to be just of the drivers at the track that night. Have a generic list of the USAC/MSCS drivers and the regular drivers at a track and use it all year. If it has 50 names on it but only 30 of the drivers are there that is ok. You've got the names/numbers of the drivers that ARE there. The list may be updated as the season goes along but that is usually a small minority and not a big issue so a list that is 90% correct is better than no list at all

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/24/14, 3:11 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Another thought. The list doesn't have to be just of the drivers at the track that night. Have a generic list of the USAC/MSCS drivers and the regular drivers at a track and use it all year. If it has 50 names on it but only 30 of the drivers are there that is ok. You've got the names/numbers of the drivers that ARE there. The list may be updated as the season goes along but that is usually a small minority and not a big issue so a list that is 90% correct is better than no list at all
That is exactly what my lists have been for the past few years. I try to get all nonwing cars which have competed with USAC and also at every Indiana track. Last year I added Mansfield. They are free, all you have to do is print a few off and give them to your friends. I will also do one for the fall Southwest USAC tour and include the California/Arizona/etc. drivers again. As to why tracks don't do it, it takes time and effort.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Midget 89, mowerman, rachasin, Stephen Cording
6/24/14, 3:33 PM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Tom,

Obviously you haven't been to Kokomo or Gas City recently. They have been printing them out and offering them for a nominal fee at the gift shop. USAC also sells one in their souvenir trailer for a dollar, at least they did for midget week.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, jim goerge, Midget 89
6/25/14, 7:34 AM   #9
dirt330

USAC trailer sold list at each race last year for $ 1.00. It listed qual. order with names and numbers.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Midget 89
6/25/14, 8:16 AM   #10
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Maybe it's just me but "selling" a printed copy of the draw sheet to fans just seems wrong. That's something you should be able to pickup and read as your waiting in line to pay for a cheeseburger. Call me crazy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint week driver roster??