IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huge payout lightning sprints
6/2/14, 3:18 PM   #1
Huge payout lightning sprints
MMSA

For Immediate Release,

HUGE PAYOUT

Henderson Chevrolet and WKT Trucking bring you MMSA Lightning Sprint action this Saturday at Western Kentucky Speedway!

What's better than close wheel to wheel racing?

How about driving to the track in a brand new Chevy from Henderson Chevrolet.

"Cross that money saving bridge "

Henderson Chevrolet Buick GMC
2746 US 41 North
Henderson, KY 42420
270-826-7600
www.hendersonchevrolet.com

We would like to thank WKT Trucking, and Henderson Chevrolet for there continued support.

Current payout for the June 7th MMSA Event at Western Kentucky Speedway:
190 (10th)

$50 for 600cc
$50 for Hard Charger

In the event of over 20 cars non transfers will receive $50, you must start your heat race to be eligible.

For rules and details www.midwestminisprints.com

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Bill May, Bradleyracing86
6/2/14, 6:16 PM   #2
Re: Huge payout lightning sprints
Bradleyracing86

Good job this week guys 25 cars

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD, RickyBobby
6/2/14, 9:20 PM   #3
Racer_dude35

All races where good feature race was great congrats to Mr Ambrose

6/2/14, 10:05 PM   #4
DAD

As a point of interest,according to my lap timer we were about 1/2 second slower than the fastest Midget there Saturday night. Those wings do make a difference.

Honest Dad himself

6/3/14, 11:04 AM   #5
KYRON

I want to remind everyone...ramada inn (henderson, ky) will have a racers discount this friday and saturday night...59.00 must say you are with mmsa to get it. Ramada inn will also have pizza/beer/kereoke till 3 am each night ...more fun in henderson, ky

1 member likes this post: DAD
6/3/14, 12:08 PM   #6
DAD

Ron

I only see a race scheduled in the MMSA sight for Sat night the 7th. Is something going on the 6th also.

Honest Dad himself

6/3/14, 3:55 PM   #7
KYRON

T.q. Racers and fans are at chandler, in on friday 6th..then move on to madisonville, ky fairgrounds on 7th...got the discount for all racers coming thru henderson, ky...just check in at the ramada in using mmsa discount

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
6/3/14, 4:27 PM   #8
DAD

I went and Googled the map of Western Kentucky Speedway. We ran 600cc cars I guess back in 1994 or 95. Allen Rupenthal had secured us a date and best I can remember it was a pretty nice track. I do remember it was long and skinny. AJ Felker was driving a midget ERC with Me,Doug and his Dad Bill as pit crew. That car was quite a bit smaller than the average ERC of the time but AJ wasn't too big either. Allen was experimenting a little back then and Bill had secured a super experimental model.

Standing in the pits it was hard to see #3&4 turns they were so far away. Compared to turns 1&2 that were sweepers the other two pinched off quite a bit, a challenge to both driver and crew. It didn't bother us though because we weren't too god at either at the time. To us a major change was 2 pounds of pressure in the rear tires or 1 inch of stagger.

The reason I remember it so well was that Allen was driving his own cars back then and he spanked us pretty good. In true racer form we figured he had gotten a hold of one of them new F-3 Honda motors and changed the side covers on it to make look like an old F-2 and that was his super duper secret. We really didn't want to admit that he was just plain better than we were.

Can't wait to go back there again.

Honest Dad himself

6/4/14, 9:17 AM   #9
Bill May

It was good to get back to the track last sat. at Brownstown and visit with the MMSA crews, good luck at Western Ky. sat. nite, I plan to go to Twin Cities on the 14th, see you then.

Bill May

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
6/5/14, 9:55 AM   #10
DAD

Bill

It was sure good to see you Sat night at B-town. Hope to see you at a lot more races. The weather for Western Kentucky Speedway looks like it is going to hold up until Sunday morning for us.

Looks like it also doesn't interfere with racing for friends racing with MALS's so maybe some of them might be able to haul over and race with us. Money looks pretty good.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huge payout lightning sprints