IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP: chris guinn passes sat 4/19
4/21/14, 10:45 AM   #1
RIP: chris guinn passes sat 4/19
KYRON

Chris Guinn from Georgetown, In passed over the weekend from long battle with cancer. RIP

4/21/14, 10:59 AM   #2
Re: RIP: chris guinn passes sat 4/19
Gregg

I am very sorry to see this.

Years ago when Chris was running a sprint car we would stop and chat for a minute or two. a few times Chris would unload the sprint car, prep the car and do every thing to get the car on the track and racing, without any help that we could see. You have to love racing to do that.

Prayers to his family and friends.

4/21/14, 11:25 AM   #3
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
I am very sorry to see this.

Years ago when Chris was running a sprint car we would stop and chat for a minute or two. a few times Chris would unload the sprint car, prep the car and do every thing to get the car on the track and racing, without any help that we could see. You have to love racing to do that.

Prayers to his family and friends.
I absolutely hate to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for his friends and loved ones.

4/21/14, 11:28 AM   #4
TQ29m

Chris, God Speed good friend, never a complaint about his problems, had to admire a guy who would come to the track, straight from a chemo treatment, and hop in his TQ, and race like there was nothing wrong, like Gregg said, almost always alone, but some help at the track! Didn't know he had gotten to this stage, man, what a fighter, and all around nice guy! RIP Chris! You will be missed. Bob

2 members like this post: BigD, HurstBros0
4/21/14, 12:00 PM   #5
DAD

We raced 600cc uprights with Chris at Thunder Valley years ago. He was a clean hard charging driver in anything he raced.

This winter he in spite of Chemo and his Cancer did manage accomplish his dream of racing at the Chil Bowl with help from longtime rival and friend AJ Felker.

God Speed Old Friend, you will be missed.

Bill Jones
Last edited by DAD; 4/21/14 at 12:05 PM.

4/21/14, 12:28 PM   #6
badcoupe

We got to race with him at Charlestown for the season finale in the TQ's last year and I thought he looked great for all that he had been through. Super good guy all around and dedicated racer! RIP

4/21/14, 12:35 PM   #7
Leohr46

Really sorry to hear this. I raced 600 uprights with him for several years. Just a all around good guy. God Speed. Prayers to his family. The Leohr Family.

4/21/14, 2:08 PM   #8
Bradleyracing86

Great guy, great racer.. I remember him wining at little Salem and pulling off the first wing stand I ever saw.

1 member likes this post: DAD
4/21/14, 2:13 PM   #9
DAD

Andy

I remember that all the time expecting him to fall on his ass, I guess he spent hours at home practicing and it showed, he was really good at it!!!

Bill Jones
Last edited by DAD; 4/21/14 at 2:15 PM.

4/21/14, 4:14 PM   #10
big d

wow...I cant believe we have lost such a great guy,,racer,,and fellow man to all of us,,i have met chris a few times in the past,,but last yr while sitting at the funfest,,chris came over and sat down,,and we just started talking,,it was like we had known each other for ever,,he was so proud that I had came so far to race tqs,,and he was talking about all he could do to help if I needed it,,i called several times to check on him after that,,,and encouraged him to never give up and always push harder than he did on the track,,i will miss my friend when I come up this year,,and im sure he will be missed by all racers and fans,,,god speed my friend,,watch over us all and u will always be in our prayers,,u will have one heck of a race in that track in the sky,,,,,,,,,, don and Teresa td motorsports Alabama..

1 member likes this post: tq35
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP: chris guinn passes sat 4/19