IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In need of asap...
4/7/14, 8:35 PM   #1
In need of asap...
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Damn it I hate doing this. I'm always trying to help others out but my wife lost her job of 15 years and I spent monies on updates and DID NOT see it coming....If anyone has a hans or neckgen device size XL or large, my son is in need of one. He races my midget down here in Florida and we at going to race bigger tracks this year starting this weekend and after the Nikkioa Johnson girl getting killed a week ago at BRP this is a must and not an option ...any kind of help would be greatly appreciated ....Have asked a couple of manufacturers to help out but neither have responded back....A used one would be great at a price I can afford at this time....thanks Wayne Davis

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4/8/14, 8:54 AM   #2
Re: In need of asap...
NEMA88

Get in contact with Deb at the Shane Hammond Believe Foundation. She may have contacts to get a device at a reasonable, affordable price.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shane...88901367963307

http://www.shanehammond.org/

The Shane Hammond Believe Foundation was founded by Shane's mom Deb Marvuglio after Shane passed away due to injuries sustained at the season opening NEMA Midget race I was running at Thompson, CT April, 6 2008. The foundation is to preserve Shane’s spirit for racing education & safety. When Shane passed, Deb began asking questions about the safety of cars, drivers, tracks and found out there was room for improvement in many, many ways. She also found out that most drivers would rather buy tires than invest in their own safety. The foundation raises money through merchandise sales, fund raisers and donations to help drivers with the expenses of safety equipment as funds permit.

I would encourage others to look at the website as well to get an idea of what the Foundation is, and what they are involved in. I would also suggest helping the foundation with a donation, or by purchasing a shirt or other items for sale. It is the small part we can do to preserve Shane's memory and help other racers stay as safe as possible.

Abby Hewitt

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, koolaid89, mowerman, Phylo82, PJ Wright, Wayne Davis
4/8/14, 1:06 PM   #3
Re: In need of asap...
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Thanks to everyone that PM'ed me that wanted to help. I am very 'HUMBLED" at all the responses, but one of the great companies in our sport called Simpson Race Products has taken care of this issue and my son will be able to race this weekend...again this is why I LOVE "IOW" ...all the great folks out there!!!! Love all Y'all...Wayne Davis

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In need of asap...