IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy "Jeep" Knapp
2/28/14, 9:12 AM   #1
Jimmy "Jeep" Knapp
Bad Dad 54

Push truck driver, Jimmy Jeep Knapp fell at home and broke his leg above the knee. He's the fellow in the yellow Jeep you see at various race tracks through out Indiana (mostly LPS) & down south. I don't have an address but leave messages on here as I will tell him about this post. Jimmy is a friend, pray for a complete and speedy recovery for Jimmy.

2/28/14, 2:35 PM   #2
Re: Jimmy "Jeep" Knapp
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Terrible news! I just had a good chat with him last week in Florida. He is a great guy with a really nice wife. Thoughts and prayers go out to him for a complete, speedy recovery.

2/28/14, 2:36 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Jimmy!

3/1/14, 2:30 PM   #4
pitrow

Wishing you the best in your recovery. Hoping to see you on my rear bumper this spring jimmy

3/3/14, 9:13 PM   #5
terrehautian

Love talking to Jimmy at the tracks, I love his Jeep (always loved CJ's). Get well Jimmy.

3/4/14, 6:57 PM   #6
Pushtruck

The last update I had was JimmyJeep had surgery for the fracture above his left knee. They put a rod in to secure the break. He has had some complications with his kidneys following the surgery and is now on renal dialysis. Keep Jim in your thoughts and prayers.

Jim has been pushing for 29 years in that old yellow Jeep. He has pushed at over 100 race tracks around the country. He has operated the web page, JimmyJeeps Pushtruck World for many years. Jim pushes with us regularly at Terre Haute, LPS, Bloomington, Lucas Oil Raceway, Indiana State Fairgrounds as well as several other tracks. He had just returned from Florida where he pushed the Speedweeks races at Bubba Raceway and Volusia Raceway for the All-Stars, World of Outlaws and USAC.

Joe Chambers
Official Push Trucks
Last edited by Pushtruck; 3/4/14 at 7:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
3/5/14, 1:39 AM   #7
carl s

Terrible news.
Hang in there Compadre.

3/5/14, 10:34 AM   #8
Pushtruck

An update on JimmyJeep as of this morning.

"Jim has been moved to Select Hospital in Evansville, IN. He will be in rehab on his broken leg. Surgery required putting in a rod. No weight bearing on his left leg for at least 6 weeks. This leg was the strongest. Also he is having kidney problems. Kidneys are wanting to shut down. Blood test are getting a little better on this problem. At St. Mary's he had dialysis on Sat and Mon. Select is able to do dialysis if he needs more."

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy "Jeep" Knapp