IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rollie Beale
2/17/14, 11:58 AM   #1
Rollie Beale
Midget 89

Duke Cook reports on Facebook this morning the passing of Toledo sprint car great Rollie Beale. Spent many races at the wheel of the renowned Rodeo Bar sprinter.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/17/14, 12:03 PM   #2
Re: Rollie Beale
billyb

SAD, What a guy, always smiling and never a bad word to anybody. He was fast at the wheel, dirt or pavement. He liked USAC big time. R.I.P. at the big track.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, cowboyhar69, IndyBound, Midget 89, speed bump
2/17/14, 2:16 PM   #3
Gregg

Rollie is driver I greatly admired when I was a kid in the stands and now.

Thank you for all the great memories Rollie.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, IndyBound
2/17/14, 3:36 PM   #4
openwheelfan1

RIP Rollie. A true gentleman and a great racer on any surface. He was an asset to the sport!

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, IndyBound
2/17/14, 3:38 PM   #5
Seadog

Rollie was "the people's champion" of my generation long before Dave Darland came along. He was a good man and a true champion that came from humble beginnings. He had the respect of fans and drivers alike. The man will be truly missed. R.I.P Rollie.

2/17/14, 3:42 PM   #6
Gregg

http://www.usacracing.com/component/...ollie-beale-84

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/17/14, 6:31 PM   #7
Jerry Shaw

That Rodeo Bar Special was one of the most beautiful sprint cars ever! Especially the year after Rollie won the USAC National Sprint title. I can just see that #1 car rolling down the backstretch of the Action Track, with it's brilliant white, red and blue colors, just like it was yesterday. Not only was Rollie Beal a great driver, but he was also a friendly racer, who always had time to talk to a young race fan and was always smiling. He's one of the greats that laid the groundwork for the USAC that is today. R.I.P Rollie.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 2/17/14 at 6:33 PM.

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, davidm, dirtball, IndyBound, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil
2/17/14, 7:38 PM   #8
Action Tracker

Although Rollie didn't receive the same household name recognition those who drove the Speedway; USAC never had a greater champion. I had a nice conversation with Rollie at Winchester Old Timers a year or two ago. He thanked me for remembering him. The pleasure was all mine.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, IndyBound
2/17/14, 8:11 PM   #9
EldoraMark

Talk to Rollie about 4 year ago at Toledo speedway and told him thanks for all the pleasure he gave me watching him race. He said "I owe you a thank you, for coming and watch me race. If it was not for the fans, I could not do what I loved and get paid for it" He was a class act, gentleman, and one heck of a racer.
RIP Rollie

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, davidm, dirtball, IndyBound
2/17/14, 9:32 PM   #10
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Rollie was "the people's champion" of my generation long before Dave Darland came along. He was a good man and a true champion that came from humble beginnings. He had the respect of fans and drivers alike. The man will be truly missed. R.I.P Rollie.
Rollie Beale was indeed an ambassador to sprint car racing both as a driver and later an official for USAC. When he was inducted into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame he was very humble and accepted his honor with dignity, grace and uttered words on behalf of all members of the hall that will long be remembered if not etched in the wall of the hall of fame.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rollie Beale