IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA looks towards 2014 season
12/2/13, 12:00 AM   #1
MMSA looks towards 2014 season
MMSA

The Midwest Mini Sprint Series is all geared up for its 7th consecutive season. The MMSA has provided a platform for super competitive economical racing for six straight years, and we plan on carrying that into the 2014 series. The cars utilized in this series are midget size, motorcycle engine powered racing machines. They are very quick and reach speeds that are comparable to that of full size sprints. These cars were clocked at Windy Hollow Speedway, and at Eldora up around 100mph. New Cars can be purchased for under 20k and good used cars range from 6k-12k. Stock engine rules are utilized to help maintain cost. The MMSA has been known to race at many well known venues including Brownstown, Paragon, North Vernon, the red clay of Bloomington Speedway, and even the legendary Eldora Speedway.

If you are new to open wheel racing or curious about owning or driving one of these cars please visit our website at www.midwestminisprints.com.

Current Members please stay tuned for some big announcements in the next few weeks!

Including news on the new management team, and layout for 2014..

12/2/13, 9:06 AM   #2
Bradleyracing86

North Vernon would be fun.

12/2/13, 9:36 AM   #3
Re: MMSA looks towards 2014 season
Colin25

This series is a great series to get in. There great competition between the drivers and a lot of knowledge to learn from drivers. The cost is reasonable compared to any other racing and it's a lot of fun. Really enjoy this series and will be apart of it again next year! Please come out a join us next year for the 2014 season!

2 members like this post: DAD, Mike M 67
12/2/13, 10:27 AM   #4
Mike M 67

Although my son has moved on to race UMP modifieds, I still love this Lightning Sprint series MMSA class. So I still have the 71B that Beau Binder drives for me. I like the fact that we get to run both Wing and Non Wing races, giving the driver all the different experience he needs to make the decision for later when he is trying to decide which direction to head in his racing career. I like the 1/4 mile tracks like Brownstown & Bloomington. I also like the North Venon Twin Cities speedway and Lawrenceburg Speedway 3/8 mile tracks for a few races as well. Maybe we can schedule some Non wing races for the smaller tracks like Salem, Bloomington, Columbus, Charlestown Etc. Please leave the wing on for the Larger tracks, just for safety concerns.

I really like the way the MMSA series is heading.

If you are a young driver or even an older driver looking for a new challenge, this series is for you.

Mike Mensendiek
Owner of the 71B Lightning sprint and the 71 Ump modified

By the way, if there is anything our team can do to help the Series or another team out, Just let us know. Beau and I are always willing to help any driver at the track if you have questions, will do what we can to help out. Dont be a stranger.
Last edited by Mike M 67; 12/2/13 at 10:30 AM.

3 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, DAD, Jim Gardner
12/2/13, 10:46 AM   #5
Bill May

I wish the best of luck to the new MMSA staff as they prepare for the 2014 season, I am confidant they will continue to promote this traveling series in a positive manner. I will continue to support and assist in an advisory/consultant capacity, Due to some recent health issues, I (Dr's advice) have, reluctantly, decided to reduce my activity and give up the operation to stronger bodies (younger people) and sharper minds (computer generation).

I plan to relax and enjoy more time with the grand (and grt.) kids while attending some races next season.

Bill May

12/2/13, 11:06 AM   #6
Bradleyracing86

Bill you have done a great job. You gonna be the guest speaker at the 2014 Banquet?
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 12/2/13 at 11:36 AM.

12/2/13, 11:09 AM   #7
cmiracingvids

Of course being in Indiana most every young drivers goal is to get sprint car racing. However, not everyone has the money for sprints. Good thing about minis is you dont need tons of money! I got racing last year for less than $6,000. There's pure stocks that have that in just their engines!! These cars, for the money, are the best bang for your buck that dirt oval racing has to offer. I raced dirt oval go karts for a couple years, and while those are fun, mini sprints are much safer, more fun and the closest thing to a full size sprint car you can get for a fraction of the cost. (in fact, I actually spend less each week racing mini sprints, than I did racing go karts)
I love this class, and the MMSA is full of great people who wont hesitate to give you a hand or help you in any way they can at the track. I plan on racing will them in 2014 and years to come!

Colin Miller
2m
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 12/2/13 at 11:30 AM.

3 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Mike M 67, RickyBobby
12/2/13, 11:14 AM   #8
TFortune39

A couple of years ago my brother purchased a mini sprint and started running with MMSA and had a blast. This past season he let me drive his car and I loved it. I have now bought a car and plan on running with MMSA in the 2014 season.

2 members like this post: Colin25, Mike M 67
12/2/13, 7:02 PM   #9
Colin25

Bill, we thank you for all you have done and we'll miss you next year. Hopefully you can make it out to many of the races. You'll be in our prays and the health issues don't slow you down. An additional vote for you being a guest speaker at the banquet.

CP Racing and family.

12/2/13, 10:21 PM   #10
Racer_dude35

Thanks Bill for all you have done. We will all miss you. Hope to see you at the races.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA looks towards 2014 season