IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Advice
10/30/13, 6:29 PM   #1
Chili Bowl Advice
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

My wife and I are planning on going to the Chili Bowl for the first time and didn't know if any of the Chili Bowl veterans out there would have any advice. We are just able to make it for the Friday and Saturday shows, so thought we would take our chances with Pit Passes versus getting reserved seats, plus I would want to go to the pits anyways. Any advice is appreciated and I have my fingers crossed for good weather! Thanks

10/30/13, 6:55 PM   #2
Re: Chili Bowl Advice
addictedtodirt

The group that sat beside me got so loaded Friday night that they came way late on Saturday. I think Saturday is a special day and not to be missed. So get there early and enjoy the alphabet mains. There is always a few guys selling a ticket or 2 outside the building and I would recommend getting a seat as a good view can be hard to come by in the pits as Friday and Sat. are the most attended nights. Go early, take it all in and enjoy the experience!

2 members like this post: interpreter66, rataz
10/30/13, 7:50 PM   #3
chasinracin2

I would try to get a seat.You will have a better experience.There are big T.V.'s at both ends of the pits but that doesn't do it justice.Try the internet and look for tickets.Maybe call the track you might get lucky.Sit high up fumes are not as bad near the top row 20 or higher.

10/30/13, 8:56 PM   #4
racephoto1

Wear a dust mask of some king, or a cartridge type mask. Some people may laugh at you, but you'll be able to breath. Take it from someone who has been there and done it. The ventilation isn't the best. Also get there EARLY Saturday. It's great racing in the early races as they go through the alphabet.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
10/31/13, 10:30 AM   #5
Stealth87

I agree with buying reserved seats. Its always alot nicer knowing you have a reserved seat come feature time Saturday (Plus you get discounted pit passes with them). Something I have discovered over the past couple years is take a box of Emergen-C with you. Chug one before bed, and another one first thing when you wake up each morning. It has been 4 years since I have gotten the dreaded Chili Bowl flu you always hear people talking about. Bring comfy shoes to walk around in. Other than that, sit back, crack open a cold one and watch some of the best racing you will see anywhere! Enjoy!

2 members like this post: darnall, interpreter66
10/31/13, 10:41 AM   #6

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Keep an eye out for some reserved seats. then maybe buy the pit upgrade. I know a lot of people wander the pits early but always end up in their seats for the features. bring ear plugs. Don't worry about the weather it has yet to stop a race there lol. Mark your calendars for five days next year cause you will be hooked.

10/31/13, 1:13 PM   #7
turn4rob

unless she is a certified race car nut leave the wife home.and for sure get some reserved seats.
ROB

1 member likes this post: red70racer
11/6/13, 12:27 AM   #8
bart

Like the others said, ear plugs, mask and reserved seats.

If you do end up in the pits bring your own folding chairs and join the others.

I would also recommend the National Midget Hall of Fame induction luncheon on Friday. I think it is $25 and well worth it if you are interested in the history of the sport. You get to meet some great past champions and see some vintage race cars. In fact Kyle Larson was there last year. More details at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natio...75885105763849

Bart

11/6/13, 1:08 AM   #9
Good Chili Bowl Advice!!..JUST ASK US!!!..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
I agree with buying reserved seats. Its always alot nicer knowing you have a reserved seat come feature time Saturday (Plus you get discounted pit passes with them). Something I have discovered over the past couple years is take a box of Emergen-C with you. Chug one before bed, and another one first thing when you wake up each morning. It has been 4 years since I have gotten the dreaded Chili Bowl flu you always hear people talking about. Bring comfy shoes to walk around in. Other than that, sit back, crack open a cold one and watch some of the best racing you will see anywhere! Enjoy!
I have also come away(except 2013) yr. after yr. with the ChiliBowl FLU!!...till taking Emergen-C and AirBorne!!!!..it worked for me also!!....believe me,it was a worse than a normal FLU!!..like Valley Fever....almost thot bout not returning!!..I've done the Pit deal b4,nothing will be as good as a good seat for both nites....find a seating chart or go inside early to check seating locations where you mite want to sit,then back outside to those selling extra Tic...and make your best deal!!.there will be plenty to choose from!!..don't be afraid to ask your questions from us other fans!!...we won't bite!!...enjoy!!.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Advice