IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
8/27/13, 7:29 PM   #1
Kyle Larson
PJ Wright

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Kyle will be introduced Friday as the driver of cup car #42 in 2014.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: dirt330, Jerry Shaw, leonhaupt, racing2bwithu2, reeserx
8/27/13, 8:35 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson
mr nobody
Banned

Way to quick and way to big of a jump for him. I hope I am wrong but very very few have done that successfully.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
8/27/13, 8:41 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

If that is in fact the case, I hope all works well for the young man. I personally would have preferred he stay in Nationwide for another year. But, not one person with the ownership group for the #42 called and asked my opinion. If they did, it must have been that evening I was busy rearranging my sock drawer and missed the call.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/27/13, 8:55 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Two quote two car owners I know. "The kid just has a way of figuring things out"

Give him a good crew chief and GO!

IMHO he's already got more talent and more racing experience than half the Nascar Field. Why mess around in the minors for two long. $$$ is waiting and we could have KLR in a couple years with more drivers and Sprint Cars!

He could make ten million a year in Endorsements. Never mind what happens on the track but I don't think he's going to be a 20th on back driver right from the start..
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/27/13 at 9:36 PM.

8/27/13, 9:23 PM   #5
ossuks

If you believe in all the young talent in Indiana and USAC, then you have to believe in this kid. If you think sprint/midget drivers are the best in the world, then you have to believe in this kid. I believe the most talented drivers drive open wheel non wing, Larson beat all Indiana and USAC had to offer, won at places he had never seen. When he went to Eldora for the 1st time, he beat all the best in midgets, then sprints, then silver crown. The 1st time on pavement he won, the 1st time in a stock car, yep, he won. I think the talent is off the hook. never thought I would see better than, yes I am going to say it, ....... better than Vogler!!
Last edited by ossuks; 8/27/13 at 9:25 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, team3521
8/27/13, 9:32 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
If you believe in all the young talent in Indiana and USAC, then you have to believe in this kid. If you think sprint/midget drivers are the best in the world, then you have to believe in this kid. I believe the most talented drivers drive open wheel non wing, Larson beat all Indiana and USAC had to offer, won at places he had never seen. When he went to Eldora for the 1st time, he beat all the best in midgets, then sprints, then silver crown. The 1st time on pavement he won, the 1st time in a stock car, yep, he won. I think the talent is off the hook. never thought I would see better than, yes I am going to say it, ....... better than Vogler!!
I was pretty much with you until the last 3 words.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/27/13, 9:42 PM   #7
racephoto1

Better then Vogler? Rich was the bravest driver I ever saw. He worked for every bit of ability he had. He wasn't born with ,"The Gift". Kyle Larson was born with , "The Gift". He had everything it takes the first time he strapped in a race car.Different drivers, different times, both good.

4 members like this post: bsmith8, luckybuc97, racerjim2, RJ21
8/27/13, 9:46 PM   #8
ThePurple73

Wouldn't surprise me to see him win the championship.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/27/13, 10:21 PM   #9
Tumey's 55

If he can overcome the mediocrity that is Ganassi in NASCAR, he will prove his talent (if he hasn't already).

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, buck2, Midget 89, racephoto1
8/27/13, 10:42 PM   #10
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
If he can overcome the mediocrity that is Ganassi in NASCAR, he will prove his talent (if he hasn't already).
I'm just devastated that another young American "Indy Star" has been lost to the Taxi-Cabs.... Oh well, maybe the up and coming Formula Mazda star, Bruncarlo D'Giamati, from Este Del Casa, Argentina will have a productive rookie year in the IRL !!! Just *** are Penske and Ganassi thinking about!!! Unbelievable!!!!!! Indy racing made these two household names and they're paying the sport back by recruiting the best American talent and putting them in Taxi-Cabs!!!!!!! WHY????

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson