IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington this week
7/25/13, 1:52 PM   #1
Bloomington this week
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Bloomington this week or not. If I do I hope to walk in and see the track appear as it did after the two hour rework last week. The track was racy and this was the first time I can remember leaving with a car not covered with red dust! Hopefully the track prep gets done before time for the races to start!

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
7/25/13, 4:36 PM   #2
Re: Bloomington this week
INRacingFan

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 20

While I can't promise anything, you should still come on out and join everyone for another Friday night of racing. After all, season is sadly already winding down and chances to see racing are dwindling. Plus, hey, it's a rare Friday in which there's 0% chance of the wet stuff and it won't be too dreadfully hot either.

Nevertheless I think they've learned what not to do and what might work, it's a matter of them finding the right balance.

7/25/13, 4:42 PM   #3
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Bloomington this week or not. If I do I hope to walk in and see the track appear as it did after the two hour rework last week. The track was racy and this was the first time I can remember leaving with a car not covered with red dust! Hopefully the track prep gets done before time for the races to start!
Ron with the exception of probably Kokomo and TSS, track prep is a crap shoot. Thats not intended to be a slap at the other tracks its just that these 2 happen to have it down to a science. That being said if you worry about track prep, car counts etc every time before you walk out the door to go to the race then you wont see many races. Get off your butt and get up there tomorrow!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jim goerge, wolfpack58
7/25/13, 6:40 PM   #4
Bloomington Speedway

Ron, While I can't promise what the track will be like, I can tell you the crew has been working it all week.
Rototiling/sheepsfooting/watering/repeating

Just please know, the track crew is working hard to have a good track for this Friday, and the weather looks like it will be fantastic.

Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Bloomington Speedway; 7/25/13 at 6:41 PM.

5 members like this post: EPSpeed, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, PJ Wright, ronmil
7/25/13, 8:56 PM   #5
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Ron with the exception of probably Kokomo and TSS, track prep is a crap shoot. Thats not intended to be a slap at the other tracks its just that these 2 happen to have it down to a science. That being said if you worry about track prep, car counts etc every time before you walk out the door to go to the race then you wont see many races. Get off your butt and get up there tomorrow!
John,

I don't believe I've ever posted before about track prep. As far as car count goes, my comments on that matter would be very few, as well. Bloomington always has a good car count, so that it is not an issue.
I have been a loyal fan of Bloomington since the mid 1980's. Getting there from Evansville takes real determination, at least until this year. I69 really helps. But, the condition of the track last Friday when it was time for the races to begin was simply unacceptable.
The crew did an excellent job of getting the track into condition, at least I thought they did. I still overheard many negative comments about the track surface. To me, when the track remains dust free all evening, you have done a good job of track prep.
My point is that track prep should have occurred much earlier. I hope that Bloomington doesn't suffer a crowd dropoff because of the delay last week. For me, Bloomington is the only practical racing venue on Friday, as Gas City is simply too far, and there are no other sprint car tracks in the area.
In spite of rainouts, health issues and other obstacles, I've attended twenty-two races so far this year. When you are geographically handicapped, as I am, that is probably a pretty good count.
I noticed that Bloomington is shutting down earlier this year, so I don't want to miss an opportunity to enjoy Friday night racing.
I hope a lesson was learned last week, as I have heard many of the locals grumbling about the track well before last week.
That's my $.02 worth.
See you at the races!

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, Dirtfan, Flatrightrear, jim goerge
7/25/13, 8:58 PM   #6
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomington Speedway View Post
Ron, While I can't promise what the track will be like, I can tell you the crew has been working it all week.
Rototiling/sheepsfooting/watering/repeating

Just please know, the track crew is working hard to have a good track for this Friday, and the weather looks like it will be fantastic.

Hope to see you there!
Thanks for your reply! That sounds encouraging!

7/25/13, 9:26 PM   #7
Panama

I think the track will be much better this week. At least I am sure the effort is being made!
Last edited by Panama; 7/25/13 at 9:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
7/26/13, 10:39 AM   #8
oldbutnew

I'll don't think the FM broadcast will be working.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington this week